“fab as always”

Ranked #215 of 1,184 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Brighton (The Lanes) offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

i have always loved pizza express and we popped in sunday lunch time it was very busy as normal,
the kids had the mini pizza and dough balls which are always a favorite .staff are great and friendly i had ne of the light pizza with the salad in the middle yum, and im sure we will be back soon..

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Went on a very busy Friday evening and were attended to straight away. Given table in window. Atmosphere was very relaxed and waitress allowed us time to choose our menu whilst we sat and had a drink.

Food is fresh as is made to order. Excellent quality and great presentation. Portions are large.

Waiting staff were extremely good and ensured we wanted for nothing. Definitely changed my opinion of such places and will visit again.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We went to this restaurant because we had a gift card to spend. We enjoyed the antipasti shared starter with delicious bread sticks and our salads were really good. The Marlborough savignon blanc was extremely good. We were looked after really well by the waiter and will definitely return.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had arrived late and having had a few drinks in the local pubs, decided to find somewhere to eat but as we had left it a bit late, we didn't expect too much. Many places were closing up for the night so we resigned ourselves to a mc Donald's. Passing Pizza express, we decided on the off chance to ask if it was too late to order.

Pleasantly surprised, we were offered a table and decided that a full pizza would have been too much for each of us, we were pleased to learn that we could have a half and half pizza. My choice was a good spicy meat pizza with chillies. My partner being a bit soft on spice opted for a much milder flavour. I have to say, I have never eaten at pizza express. The name put me off as to me it associated express as quick, get out faster, speedy etc. how wrong I was. The pizza base was nice and thin, a little crisp around the edge. The filling was ample and not scrimped on like a lot of pizza places. Ingredients tasted fresh and well cooked, again I have found some pizza places where the topping has been cold under the topping and moist. This pizza was so much better than many I have had.

The waiter was very pleasant and helpful with just about the right amount of interaction with us. Asking how far we had travelled and how long we were staying. I would defiantly visit again. I even bought one as a cook at home pizza. You pay a little more but so worth it.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Restaurant was very busy on a Friday night and we'd booked which was a good thing. Service was pretty quick and waiter very attentive although they had run out of one of the items on their new pizza dishes. Pizza was not outstanding but was very nice.