“Best Fish & Chips ever!!”

English's of Brighton
Ranked #41 of 1,124 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Best Fish & Chips ever!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We enjoyed wonderful food and service at English's last week at the end of our day trip to Brighton. The staff were so kind and made the experience very special. We will definitely go back again.

• Visited June 2013
Englishs, Manager at English's of Brighton, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Lisa B

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. Your comments are much appreciated and we hope to see you soon again.

• Korean first
Croydon
“What am I missing?”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were in Brighton over the weekend and had lunch a English's. I will admit that the food was good but goodness me it needs a revamp. I judge restaurants on many things and even though we enjoyed our lunch the restaurants decor is very tatty and in desperate need of updating. The gents toilet was also very run down with the window propped open by a air freshener! I am sure many people love it the way it is but for me it looked and felt very tired which is a shame as the food tasted great. Would I rush back? I doubt it as for me personally the ambiance and toilets are as important as the food. I will give the food 8/10 the decor 4/10 and the toilet 3/10.

Dear PhilWCroydon

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I am pleased that you enjoyed your meal, but I’m sorry that your overall experience was not positive. We are aware of the need for refurbishment and updating, though I appreciate that some of the issues you raised are unacceptable and have been addressed. We have an ongoing refurbishment plan in process and will update all areas in due course.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Ecellent food and service.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Like my title says this place is excellent for seafood and the service is 100% We will eat there again next time we visit Brighton.

Visited June 2013
Dear Yolanda F
Thank you for this positive review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your time at English’s of Brighton and we look forward to your next visit.
UK
“Excellent seafood!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The food and service were excellent with very fresh and tasty seafood. The only negative was a slight smell of bleach wafting from the kitchen, which we told them about, so hopefully it will be dealt with!

Dear Kemmina

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your experience at English’s of Brighton. Your comments have been shared with the team and the issue of the smell of bleach has been resolved – thank you for bringing it to our attention.

london
“just perfect”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

nice sea food, very fresh and great quality.
we will come back next time in brighton.
diner with my 5 years old girl and the menu for the kids is great too.

• Visited May 2013
Dear london l

We are so pleased you enjoyed your time at English’s of Brighton – it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you soon again.