“Good Food”

Ranked #101 of 1,133 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: El Mexicano sits in the heart of Brighton's theatre district and prides itself on being the only authentic Mexican restaurant in the area. Buzzy atmosphere is fueled by vibrant Latin vibes, music, cocktails and food. Authentic Mexican cuisine and Spanish tapas is the order of the day, including Enchiladas, mole, sea-food paellas and fajitas. After your meal, visit Valentino, the art deco style bar upstairs, which is licensed until 2am.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have been in the restaurant twice, I really like the decoration and the service. Food is quite nice, it is close to be real Mexican food but not just yet. I enjoyed eating chicken "mole" although I would suggest you leave mole to cook longer before serving as I suffered from stomach ache afterwards. I highly recommend this place. Worth a visit!

Visited March 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Great food and brilliant value”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Visited recently totally unplanned. The food here is fantastic and very good value for the portions you are greeted with! Staff are enthusiastic and the Sangria is particularly good...

Visited February 2014
1 Thank AeJ853
“Great little restaurant - good food, excellent service”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten at this lovely little restaurant several times, often combined with a theatre visit. The staff members are lovely - very friendly and helpful and the food is excellent. We have never been disappointed by anything we have tried - my favourite is the Chicken Burritos. We have had both the lunch and dinner deals - they are fantastic value for money and there is no compromise on food quality. We intend to visit here again and can recommend El Mexicano to anyone who likes good quality, reasonably priced Mexican food.

Visited February 2014
Brighton
“Excellent service, good food, good location”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I'm a fan of Mexican food and El Mexicano didn't disappoint. Considering its location it was great value, with decent sized portions and good flavours. We tried a range of dishes, including quesadillas and the beef burrito, and all were excellent.

The staff were the stand out point however, with both our waitresses being extremely friendly and helpful, and fluent in English and Spanish. Despite the fact we were the last people in the restaurant, we never felt rushed.

The only negatives were the toilet facilities, which as often seems to be the case, had none of the care or attention to detail that had gone into the décor in the rest of the restaurant (although they were clean).

I'd certainly recommend El Mexicano, on food, on price, but most of all on service.

• Visited January 2014
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“Makes a great change from Italian ”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Came here after seeing Priscilla at theatre royal. Had the set 2 course dinner great value at just under £10. Starters were large to be honest we could have shared a starter. Main course went for chilli not really spicy enough for me but menu described as mild so fitted description. Was very well cooked and beautifully presented. Had house white wine which was lovely and I am fussy on wine !! Staff were excellent . Polite and just right amount of attention. Would I eat here again. Yes !!