“Always Good”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Always Good”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Carluccio's is always of a good standard, it seems, no matter which one of their restaurants you visit. I just love their pate starter.

Visited May 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Meh...................”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I just don't 'get' Carluccio's. Friends rave about it, and go every week - but it just doesn't do it for me. Cheap canteen style tables & chairs. Really underwhelming food. Watery, greasy soup.
Ended up in there on Valentines Day as the place we wanted to go to was fully booked and it was tipping it down. Wish we hadn't.

Madrid, Spain
“Great breakfast - shame about the service!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stumbled across this restaurant, looking for somewhere for breakfast. The breakfast was fantastic. The place was bright and clean, and the waitress was very nice and cheerful. She even made up a breakfast for me to take away. I really did enjoy the whole experience until the bill came. This different waiter added the bill to the card machine and then handed it to me, telling me to press the 'accept' button. I did a double-take as I realised that he had added over 30% extra for tips. Needless to say, I left my tip in cash, but it ruined my morning.

London, United Kingdom
“Oh oh Antonio”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Truly ghastly experience. Quite busy on Saturday night. Casual attitude to messed up order. Assistant manager who pretended to be in charge could not have cared less and did not like my "attitude". As we left the real manager appeared full of apology. An hour of abuse was enough.

This is the worst Carluccio's anywhere having once been rather nice.

Anywhere else is better. Stay away.

Pulborough, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My friend and I really like this place. We been twice now, each time before going on to the Theatre Royal to see a show. The last time we were there we arrived miles too early so spent a couple of hours having a very leisurely lunch with well chilled wine, delicious main courses and tasty desserts. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for our waitress who was very sweet. And we didn't feel harrassed for our table. I have since joined the Carluccio Club and am looking forward to our next visit when we also receive a complimentary bottle of wine through joining! Well done all at Carluccio's, Brighton.