“Surprisingly good!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

ASK Italian - Brighton
Ranked #350 of 1,098 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Located on Ship Street in Brighton, we’ve created a restaurant with a distinctive new look inspired by modern Italian design. And with the help of our expert friends, including awarding-winning chef Theo Randall, we’ve created a menu that features a range of simple, classic Italian food and an all Italian wine list.
london
“Surprisingly good!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I'm not usually a franchise fan - but I was really impressed!! The staff were so polite and efficient and we were sitting in a 'room' to ourselves and could easily have been forgotten about. The interior was so funky and just the right balance. Not too echoey. We didn't feel like we were waiting too long for food and the waiting staff seemed to notice when we were ready for more drinks. I had the sea bass which I would highly recommend. Served beautifully on a sizzling dish. My other half had the pork , which I tried, and it hit every taste bud. I really enjoyed my first experience of ASK here and the hours flew by. We had a window seat and enjoyed people watching, good food and good wine. Didn't feel like a franchise that dishes out the same old dishes- felt so much more personal than that. We shall be back!

Uckfield, United Kingdom
“Nice food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Have eaton here several times with vouchers. Service is vey good and food tasty and well presented. Have had the pizza, pasta and meat special and all have been very nice.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
“Excellent Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Excellent stretched Pizza and the staff were very good and attentive.

Reasonable price.

Pleasant family meeting place. We did not book but no waiting for a table

• Visited October 2013
Hove, United Kingdom
“Poor customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I booked a table at Ask to celebrate my birthday. When we arrived at the restaurant they had no recollection or our reservation and although we told the lady we booked over the phone she still felt the need to ask if we had booked online?? We were then told we could sit wherever we wanted, which wasn't hard as there was only one other couple in the establishment. It all felt very sloppy and disorganized and we felt the lady serving us was really not interested in making any proper effort to make us feel comfortable. Once seated I was extremely disappointed to see that the inside of what is a lovely period building had been decorated with vile bright paints which totally spoiled the atmosphere. Most tables had really bright spot lighting leering down on them, enough to give anyone a stinking migraine. I decided I did not want to continue our meal out so we left to which the waitress shouted out a very sarcastic "ciao!" We went onto Zizzi where we received a much better reception and surroundings. Unfortunately I have been unable to comment on the food but will say the Worthing branch of Ask did cook up a tasty pizza for myself and a friend about a month ago. It is such a shame that a chain has ruined what could be a lovely restaurant in a period property!
We will not be visiting any Ask restaurant again as this is my second bad experience in one of their establishments.

• Visited September 2013
Staffs
“Good food if a little pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have not visited this chain before and thought we would give it a chance. The set up here is a little strange with small rooms rather than one large restaurant, which if we hadn't been by the window would have felt a bit claustrophobic. We started with the garlic mushrooms which came in a very hot griddle pan, we thought they were very over-priced for the amount you received and the hot pan continued to cook them while you were eating them which made them a little tough. The mains were very good no complaints at all as were the sweets. We used our Tesco vouchers to pay for part of the meal, otherwise I don't think we would have had three courses due to the price. All in all good food but a little too pricey for our pockets for a chain Italian.

Visited August 2013