The other reviews have said it all. Nick is a great host and is backed up by very willing and capable staff. The food is delightful, authentic and local, stylish but not fussy. The setting is lovely and it's very easy to feel at home right away. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wingrove House. Originally built as a family home in the mid 19th century, this recently refurbished colonial-style house offers restaurant and rooms within a relaxed and stylish destination in the beautiful and historic village of Alfriston, East Sussex. Run by a small team, offering a personal and friendly service, with airy verandas, candlelit bar and brasserie and pretty rooms, it's a real antidote to the rush and bustle, yet just over an hour from London. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Wingrove House Hotel Alfriston
- Wingrove Hotel East Sussex
- Wingrove House Alfriston, East Sussex