“Lovely food”
Review of The White Swan

The White Swan
Ranked #50 of 50 Swanage B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had an over night stay here and were very impressed with the food, my stuffed mushrooms were sooo delicious and my significant other cleared his plate of scampi. The salad was fresh and tasty and not a piece of limp iceburg in sight!!! Breakfast this morning was beautifully presented and equally as yummy.The staff were friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The room was small but adequate and spotless. We hope to return soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Eat here for lunch and dinner last week whilst visiting Swanage for holiday. Really good pint in here. Bar staff very good, really good customer service. Food is top quality; cheese and ham toasted sandwich was very delightful for lunch. Battered haddock and chips for tea was well worth the wait, and we made it within 5mins of last orders being called on the food. Very quick service and food piping hot! Pub and facilities very clean. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: did not stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Must admit that I was wrong about this pub. I have just returned from spending 8 days in Swanage and not only did I visit this pub a lot, but I even ate there twice. Perhaps the bad smells encountered last time, might be to do with its a very dog friendly place, and the Blues Festival was on. Anyway, we had two reasonable pub style meals in the White Swan over the time we were there and I can say that I really enjoyed them. I love Dorset Piddle beer and that's always good quality. They also have good bands playing live, it's a friendly place, and the staff are very polite.

Will definitely return to the White Swan again on my next trip to Swanage.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I are regular visitors to Swanage. Always visit the White swan for a few beers. We had an evening meal for a change. Lovely food steak was cooked perfectly. Staff very laid back, but attentive. It was a busy night in the bar, but the food was quick and tasted great. Will certainly eat there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We booked into this charming pub hotel as we love Swanage and we wanted somewhere for food,good beer and a live band and we found the perfect place in The White Swan. The rooms were very comfy and cosy and clean,the food was tasty and home cooked and the beer was excellent and local which is important to us real ale freaks. The live band was cracking and the atmosphere all afternoon and evening was brilliant with really friendly staff and locals(a proper taste of Dorset). A must if you want a brilliant weekend of eating,drinking and music and then just a few steps to a warm bed. Outstanding.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank barry016
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Ok it's a pub. It is not haut cuisine but for what it is it merits the excellent mark. We called in for a Saturday afternoon quick lunch. The beer (Piddle) was excellent. We had two generous portions of moussaka. It was incredibly busy but the one waitress was superb at keeping everything on order complete with a smile throughout the whole process. People were made welcome. I overheard one error made, swiftly corrected with a smile and good banter from both customer and waitress. I had to stay and drink more beer while the good lady went shopping. (Newspapers are provided)

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I came away for a night for my birthday, to chill without thehildren. I have to say we got just what we wanted a comfortable room and clean with all you need for a break away, the food was amazing, reasonable pub grub and huge portion, I for one wanted 3 courses but after the main I was too full for anymore. The staff were friendly and helpful and right in the middle of the town close to everything we needed. We are so impressed I can guarantee we will be back. Just to say also commenting on another review on here, yes the room was small, but what more do you need for a b+b and the small detail in the room made up for the size

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple