“Great Hotel,Great Service,Great View”
Review of The Pines Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Pines Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Swanage
Swanage, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel,Great Service,Great View”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have recently returned from a 4 night stay with my wife. Like most other people it was not my first stay at this hotel. Most guests have returned because it is a family hotel very dog freindly. It has some fine views over Swanage Bay. The staff are very attentive and the food is good. Our room had been recently decorated as was a lot of the hotel. The price for the 4 nights was very reasonable and even when I have stayed in peak summer the cost was very reasonable.

Room Tip: Worth having a sea view but does add to the price.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Burntwood, Staffs
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We are presently enjoying the third day of a three day break at this very comfortable and welcoming hotel. This is our first visit here but many other guests have been several times previously and that must be a good endorsement. Our room is newly updated, has a balcony and view over the bay.I am anticipating with pleasure the delicious dinner that awaits me this evening.The menu is varied and appetizing with fresh local seafood (the crab salad is particularly good) and meat dishes to choose from,though I have not been able to resist the fish so far.I may this evening! Breakfast is also varied and well.cooked.
I must also commend the staff for their courtesy and helpfulness.All in all a very pleasant stay and one I would be happy to repeat.

Room Tip: Choose a front facing room on first floor.Room 1 is good.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scholarsfan
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed two nights to celebrate a family wedding anniversary. We were made most welcome; the staff from front-of-house, through to dining, bar and housekeeping were delightful and invariably helpful. Breakfasts were good, as others report, as were the celebratory luncheon, an evening meal and an evening bar meal. Grandchildren were well catered for with understanding. Many guests mentioned that bedrooms were hot, but that might have been because it was an unseasonably mild weekend after a long cold and wet spell; but hey, the windows do open and the sea air is refreshing! It was my first visit to Swanage, and if going again I would certainly look to stay at The Pines.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We booked to stay at the last minute for New Year's Eve. Whilst £140 was expensive for a single night I have to say the standard of service, eye for detail and helpfulness of staff was second to none. The breakfast is outstanding, again with a superb standard of service and delicious food - all served overlooking a beautiful view of the sea. My only complaint would be that the room decor is slightly dated (but still very clean). It also attracts mainly an older retired clientele but as two twenty something's we were still treated to a first class stay. I would never normally pay £140 for a nights stay but on this occasion it was thoroughly worth it. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and hope to stay again one day soon. It made for a perfect start to 2013!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank wacko_1983
south east
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Once again a visit to the Pines hotel. This time with a group of friends. Again it was a most enjoyable visit. Excellent rooms, service and food. The staff remain polite and willing to please. We all considered it a good experience and will return.

Room Tip: Request sea view with balcony
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank euniceSouthEast
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at the Pines Hotel for 2 nights. I can appreciate some of the reviews that say the hotel could do with a little updating. However, everything was clean and warm and we had a room with a beautiful sea view and in bed at night you could hear the waves gently lapping the shore, I've never slept so well! Hotel service was fab and all the staff made us and our labrador very welcome... Super breakfast too! We loved our stay here and will definately be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amanda E
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here 30 October 2012, Hotel location good & not far from Swanage.
Room was ok, ticked all the boxes & the staff were good.
Breakfast was brilliant, filled me up for the day.
Great views of sea & very peacful.
Well recomended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Trevor O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swanage
Grand Hotel Swanage
Harbour Heights Hotel
Sandbanks Hotel
Sandbanks Hotel
#10 of 13 in Poole

Been to The Pines Hotel? Share your experiences!