“Very poor”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Very poor”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We have tried this Restaurant on many occasions always hoping that we will experience the truly great Pizza we had the first few weeks it opened. Alas every time it has been terrible. Pizza and pasta small and tasteless and never as stated eg with fresh basil/chilli- Almost every time I have sent it back and with little apology from waiters. The most I get is "oh" Service is painfully slow and unfriendly, and expensive for the quality. They don;t seem to be able to manage a full restaurant- So be prepared to wait and wait and wait.....
We have finally called it a day and won't be going back. Save your money and taste buds and go to one of the many other restaurants in Swanage.

• Visited November 2013

Windsor, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Having read quite a few negative reviews we decided to give it a go with an open mind. A little lacking in atmosphere, and drinks taking a long time to arrive. The waitress was wearing a t-shirt from the Pub next door so the drinks may have been coming from there. The garlic bread was good as was the dough balls, but the portion was small - half the amount you get in pizza express for more money, so not great value. The Olives we were served were literally the size of peas, which we pointed out, but were not offered a refund on them.
The pizzas were great. Fresh dough, generous toppings. At 9" they were too small for the plates they arrived on so looked pretty small but were filling. We had 2 waitresses. 1 was good, attentive and obviously did it for a living. The other was pretty apathetic and I guess didn't see it as a career.
Overall, I doubt I would re-visit.

Visited January 2014
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Horrible”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

There wasn't many choices on the high street and it looked promising from the outside, so we gave it a go. The staff was ok, they were making an effort but the food was terrible. My partner had a pizza and they put a tiny pizza on a huge plate, so they don't know much about presentation. I had a calzone which was full of cheap cheese and so disgusting that I literally struggled to keep in down. Don't recommend it.

• Visited July 2013
Swanage, United Kingdom
“Cant believe i didn't eat here sooner !!!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have lived in Swanage for 5 years now and only recently went into this restaurant. From the minute we stepped in the door we were hugely impressed, the place was clean and we were immediately greeted by friendly and well presented staff. The menu had an excellent variety and we were served prompltly throught out the evening. Having just come back from a holiday in Italy we did wonder how they would live up to those standards ..... they were as good as the food we ate on holiday !!
Since this visit we have been back numerous times, each time as been as perect as the last and it is now my favourite place to eat in Swanage - a MASSIVE pat on the back for all the staff .... if i was the owner i'd be proud to call the place mine !!
I honestly wish i had visited sooner because in my opinion this place is unrivalled in Swanage (0:

• Visited May 2013
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

How wrong can you go with pizzas?! They had run out of 3 out of 5 of our menu choices. Pizzas that were available were just average. wont be going back again.

Visited November 2012