“"Service with genuine care"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swanage
Herston Caravan & Camp Site
swanage
“"Service with genuine care"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

I am part of a group of approximately 30 people who enjoy a particular outdoors activity and had a venue arrange but cancelled at the last minute due to circumstances beyond our control. We desperately needed help in arranging a whole new base for our venue requiring camping, caravans and parking for up to 30 person with literally DAYS remaining before the venue.

I contacted Liz who I believe is the site manager- told her of our members predicament to which she displayed genuine sympathy and empathy for. Within 24 she had confirmed she could cope with ALL of the needs of my members, offered full accommodation, food, amenities, parking, the LOT!!

I do not write many reviews. Usually if Im happy I say nothing, when Im not happy I do the British thing by grumbling and promising never to return! In life sometimes one feels compelled to express the good things in life and sing its praises. In this instance I would like to thank Liz and all of the members of staff for being so accommodating at such short notice and for providing excellent accommodation, food, drink and its facilities for so many people.

I hope your stay will be as pleasant as it was for my club members. Good place, great team, keep it up!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank rick h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

Just had a very relaxing weekend in Swanage at the Herston Camp Site. Always nice to get away but this weekend really helped us de-stress. Weather was cold but sun was out (for a short time at least). Site was quiet but that was a bonus for us, and the bar was open all the hours we required.

Staff couldn't do enough for us, big thanks to Liz who really looked after us, nothing was too much trouble, even allowing us a look around one of the log cabins. Will definitely be back this time in one of the cabins (dreaming of the jacuzzi already).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

Really welcoming and fantastic location, will be making this a reaccuring habit. Cheers!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Jonathan S
suffolk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

We arrived at Herston after a 2 hour drive that we had booked through the Daily Mirror for myself, husband and our 2 year old son. On entering reception i was met by a lovely receptionist who was approachable, informative and friendly. She went through the formalities, I paid the service charge of £45 and questioned whether i had bed linen. As i had not received any emails from the Daily Mail i assumed linen would be provided. (Having looked at the website since- Customer can be fooled by the Yurts having bed throws on the futons that give the impression that they are in fact bed linen...)
She stated that i needed to bring my own and i had concerns that my two year old son would need to keep warm. She didn't seem phased and told me house keeping will bring some to the yurt.
House keeping arrived approx 10 minutes later and were also friendly. They advised me the manageress needed to see me so i promptly went down to reception.
She was on the telephone when i arrived complaining, and the receptionist whispered to me 'oh, she aint happy, you need to pay'.
The manager(ess) after an aggressive conversation hung the phone up and began to talk to me in a condescending and belligerent manner. She immediately told me i had to pay for my bed linen as Herston were not to blame for me not bringing my linen and The Daily Mirror should have informed me. She then decided to go into great detail how she earns nothing by having 'Daily Mirror people here' and she loses money in fact.(Which is strange because haven spoken to fellow 'daily mirror yurt people' they confirmed that the manager(ess) had said that the money is made up on what they lose by the Mirror ????
She forgets to realize the £45 service charge we paid for a bleak month in January where none of their amenities are open (laundrette, childrens indoor play area and shop all shut) or did i once see a member of staff cleaning toilets/showers...makes me wonder what that charge was actually for....
To sum this holiday up...Great location...Great atmosphere...Shame about the manager(ess)...My advice love...book that customer care course....

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Landers_12
Hastings
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

We have just spent a wonderful week in herston park, spent the week in a log cabin, was booked into a 2 bedroom but was put into a 3 bedroom on arrival, (only the 2 of us and 2 small westie dogs), all i can say it was wonderful, never wanted to leave. If your booked into the Oaks it has a lovely view overlooking fields with horses in and view to the hills. Main bedroom has a showeroom, good nights sleep on the king size bed. Main bathroom just great. Kitchen very well arrange with all mod cons. Hot tub a bonus. Open log fire. Well worth a Visit. Would go again for sure.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank snookyfoster
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

There was a large group of 4 adults and 7 children. The Yurts were what we thought they would be and more. The camp site was clean, welcoming and cosy. The staff where so helpful and very child friendly. We happen to be there when Dorset had the freak floods and the staff opened up the family room and disco just to entertain the kids. The kitchens stayed open all day which was brilliant. I would recommend the Yurts to both families and couples. It is a lovely place. Great country walks and a cute steam train.

Room Tip: Only 5 Yurts and all of them are great
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank feefe
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed at Herston for the bank holiday weekend, camping. Although the campsite was very busy we still managed to get a space for 3 tents (family group), which the owners were fine with. They found us a nice spot with a good view down to the village & steam train.
There was a toilet & shower block near us, which was ok, but the one near the reception is much nicer, more facilities and cleaner.
The site had a shop, launderette, Bar and much more, they also accepted dogs, but they must be kept on a lead.
Location was good, close to the beach and town centre.
The campsite allow small camp fires which must be out by 11pm.

Room Tip: Make sure you take enough warm clothing/bedding as being so high up you are open to the wind and col...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family