“A very enjoyable stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Tower Lodge Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swanage
Tower Lodge Hotel
Ranked #39 of 47 Swanage B&B and Inns
Maldon, United Kingdom
“A very enjoyable stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have just enjoyed a three night break in Swanage and stayed at the Tower Lodge . Can I just add at this point that I would usually allow myself to be guided by ETC/RAC/AA awards when electing to book accommodation as a result of viewing a web site. On this occasion as we were wanting to get away mid weed during the peek summer season we were not spoilt for choice with regard to finding a family room. I was pleased when I contacted the Tower lodge as not only were they very helpful, they also had a room available that met our requirements. I booked said room over the phone and paid a deposit via my card. It was only after I had made my reservation that I reviewed the hotel web site and panicked slightly as I realised that it did not boast any of the above mentioned awards. No need to have panicked, the Tower Lodge does not boast to be the best 4 star/diamond establishment in Swanage. But what you do get it good clean basic rooms, very, very friendly service from the family that run the establishment and a great cooked breakfast with lots of choice and alternative options at a fair price.. The Tower lodge does take large school parties on field trips as well as being available to book as an open house for large parties and such like, I assume this is why the rooms are kept fairly basic and they do not go in for the above mentioned award schemes. We did have a couple of issues during our stay, the first was with noise from an adjacent room, loud conversation / telephone calls that were in full swing when we returned ready for bed at 22.30 and went on well beyond mid night. ( Not really the hotels fault but sound proofing in the partition wall is non existent) The other was with the gravity fed shower, being on the second floor (room 9) the shower pressure was poor at best and we just about managed. I do not intend these two point to be negatives, just a true review of our stay. This B&B should not be over looked, it is clean, friendly, well located and has private parking. I would have liked to have rated it as 3.5 GOOD.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank c p

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We booked this as a last minute 3 night break, during the half term, and the owner offered us one of the top floor suites which was ideal for a family of four, as it had two seperate rooms within an outer door. Pleasant and functional rooms, double was just right for parents, and twin ideal for the two boys to share without too much drain on us parents.

Overall very pleasant stay, staff were friendly and attentive although, and this is not a critism in any way, if you are expecting to be pampered every hour of the day then this is not the place for you as you will be left to your own devices after the breakfast is served.

This suited us extremely well as we could come and go as we pleased, throughout the day.

All the rooms were cleaned and bedding made quickly and efficiently, place is very clean and tidy, if you are planning a stay in the area with young family and want a good base with freedom of movement then this hotel gives you that.

The only thing I would change about the place is to brighten up the porch area at the front, perhaps with some nice hanging baskets or similar, just to brighten this little star from the outside a touch

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MANDLB
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

After year eight in Tower Lodge in Swanage (we must have been amongst their first guests) we are already planning for the next summer holidays. John and Domenica are loveley people,our children feel very much like part of the family and regard Tower Lodge as extended seaside home. We always feel very welcome, it´s an ideal family hotel - not too luxurious but very friendly, clean and comfortable, good breakfast, support with everything from tips to go to to dealing with children´s accidents.. Definitely highly recommended!

Room Tip: There are several family rooms with bunkbeds and en suite, some of the top floor rooms for single tr...
Berkshire, uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Have just returned from a lovely August Bank holiday visit to Swanage & a stay at The Tower Lodge.
We will always stay at this friendly, family run hotel. We visit every year.
You are always made to feel very welcome, the rooms are comfortable & clean.
Being in a similar trade I know I'm a fussy customer, but I am never disappointed.
The selection at breakfast time is great & they will do whatever you want.
I have stayed here with my husband, mum & different friends at different times & the reception & service you get are the same each visit.
I would/do recommend.

:-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Have recently returned from a lovely 2 week stay as part of a large family group. On our arrival the staff were extremely warm and welcoming, and remained particularly helpful throughout our stay. They were always friendly (even when bumping into them around town!), and their local knowledge proved invaluable when we had a rainy day with 4 young children needing to let off steam!! The rooms were lovely and clean, with very comfortable beds, and the breakfasts really were fantastic - compliments to the chef!! Just one problem - the children still expect their sausage and beans every morning along with several slices of toast! All booked for next year and looking forward to it!! Highly recommended.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have just returned from a great stay at Tower Lodge Hotel. We stayed three nights and were very comfortable and made very welcome. I came with my daughter and my three grandchildren (2, 4 and 8years) and we found the the staff very children friendly. The breakfasts are very good and all tatses are catered for. The beds are really comfortable and tea making facilties very useful. There is a nice garden at the back too. Being so close to the beach is lovely and walking every morning along the sea front was a joy. I will be recommending to friends and returning next year.

Peterbrough, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Have just returned from our family holiday in swanage, staying at the excellent Tower Lodge Hotel, this is our 8th year in the hotel and yet again can't fault a thing friendly, clean, spacious family rooms, refect location for the beach and amenities. Booked for next year. :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family