“Fabulous Restaurant! By far the best in Swanage!”
Review of The Corner Restaurant - CLOSED

The Corner Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I went for my parents-in-law's wedding anniversary and had the most fabulous evening. We had a very warm and friendly welcome from the new owners and their lovely staff, whom throughout the evening made every effort to ensure we had a special evening.

We started with drinks in the seating area before being shown to our table where there was much deliberation over the impressive choice on the menu, everything sounded so good! After much deliberation I chose the salmon and crab starter, sea bass main and panna cotta pudding. All the food was beautifully presented and to die for. I will definitely be back to try the rest of the tempting menu.

If you're visiting swanage I strongly recommend booking a table at the best restaurant in town. Simply fabulous!

1  Thank jasmine_brim

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Superb food. Lovely ambiance and service. A new menu for winter which is excellent. I had the duck breast which was tender and better than any i have tried before. My son had fillet steak - cooked to perfection. Sea bass was also well received.
Deserts were great.

Swanage needs this standard of restaurant so give it a try.

1  Thank David C
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Swanage is a beautiful place but as we went with friends, we were disappointed with the pubs and restaurants, all a little bit downtrodden and frequented by locals with prams!
However, we did come across the Corner Restaurant, which was a little gem. It was made up of 2 floors for dining (no bar) and the decor was upmarket. The food was great (although slow at times) but the customer service was brilliant. The owner and his son were very accommodating and we got a free round of drinks after finding our starters were not available and that the mains were a while in coming. Would go again but would it would be nice if Swanage had another couple of nice places to visit, to compare it against. COME ON SWANAGE, SORT IT OUT!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I booked this restaurant for a team building dinner for 11 people and every single one of my team were full of compliments. We received a lovely welcome from the owners who then introduced us to our waiting staff Harry and Nicky for the evening. Both were so friendly and helpful and Harry especially entertained us with his great charm and wit. Whilst it felt like fine dining, there was a lovely relaxed atmosphere and it beats any fine dining restaurants I have been to in my home town of Edinburgh in service, food and ambience. The food was beautiful (especially the tender Dorset beef which melted in the mouth) and the portions were very generous. The set 3 course menu was great value and the wine was also very reasonably priced. We dined downstairs in what felt like a lovely private dining area but we were never left by the staff who were very attentive. I would have no hesitation in recommending The Corner Restaurant to any visitors to Swanage for business or pleasure. I only wish I didn’t live so far away as I would love to return. Thanks again Derek and Sharon for making us feel so welcome.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had a wonderful family meal here whist on holiday in Swanage. The service was perfect, not too intrusive but friendly. The steaks were so tender, steak knives were not neccessary. The presentation was beautiful. We will definitely be back

1  Thank SCPS67