“Fabulous meal”
Review of The Green

The Green
Reserve with OpenTable
The Green is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in Sherborne
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Fabulous meal”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Blah to Beaminster..... I Had the most delicious meal at the Green today. Excellent value, beautiful ambiance. Very fine service. The owner and his colleagues could not have been more helpful, welcoming or charming. The fish was fresh and perfectly cooked with lovely veg, and the chips!!!! the chips have to be the best anywhere! I have eaten in restaurants all over UK, France, Italy, Canada, etc. etc. and this is among the top ten best ever. I wish I lived here, I would go there every week! It really is outstanding. Thank you for a memorable dining experience!

dorset
“Responses”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Over the years we have been to The Green many times. We especially love table 11 in the window. We haven't been for 6 months or so. Last visit we asked for Kir Royale. We were given approximately half of our usual size. We had to ask for more bread. The food was rather predictable and quite expensive.
I have been motivated to write because I can't believe how rude and money focused the Owner is.
What a sour and grasping person.
We will not be going again.

• Visited April 2014
5 Thank beaminster
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic dining experience”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I had a brilliant meal at The Green and I couldn't fault it if I tried. We opted for the £20 for three courses menu, and each course was absolutely delicious and presented beautifully. The service was prompt and very friendly, and the atmosphere relaxed. Exceptional value for an outstanding meal.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Food and Service”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I took my wife here for her birthday based on this site reviewers recommendations. We had the most superb evening. The service and calm explanation of the menu have made a lasting impression. The food was exceptional. We chose a la carte but the table d'hôte offers a good choice. Can't wait to go back. One of the best meals i have had in a restaurant in the UK.

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Exceptional”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

There are not many excellent restaurants in Dorset (and quite a number that think they are but are certainly not) but this unpretentious and unassuming restaurant is extremely good. The food is exceptionally good and very good value, the wine list innovative and sensibly priced, and the service personal and charming. The restaurant is set in a lovely old building in the centre of this old county town and is furnished beautifully with antique tables and chairs, and interesting paintings by local artists. This is, without doubt, one of the best restaurants in Dorset and a real find.

1 Thank Timothy C