very disappointed, generally it felt like a real let down, although Malcolm was nice and the breakfast was tasty I felt like I was staying in a single man's hostel! He was not there to meet us and all the blinds were drawn, I had to knock loudly and phone twice before I got entry.We were given an attic room with random furniture (and not in the good 'shabby chic' kind of way) which we had to get to through a courtyard area where other residents were smoking, the smell carried into the dark hallway which had a random chair left at the end. In the bathroom, although superficially clean, there was masses of hair in the plug hole which I had to remove to have a shower (Malcolm not being there when we arrived to talk to about it) and this revealed lots of hair showing this had not been cleaned for some time, Essentially our room looked nothing like the pictures on their website and I was suspicious of how clean things really were. The breakfast food was good however the kitchen area was very dirty and dusty with lots of clutter and a dog wandering about, some people had said it felt cosy but these people obviously don't have clean homes because it made me feel uncomfortable. When I was shown to a table for breakfast someone had previously been eating there and the cup and plate and crumbs were just left there! Also there was a regular beeping sound throughout the night (like you get when the batteries on your smoke alarm are going) so that was annoying. Location was very good if you need to be in central Sherborne but overall it was very disappointing and ruined our planned romantic weekend away :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 18th Century Bakehouse Stone Built With 10 Rooms, Courtyard Garden, Dog Friendly, Wi-fi, Evening Meals, Intimate And Friendly, A Pleasant Alternative To A Large Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Book Direct Rooms, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Bakehouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bakehouse Hotel Sherborne
- The Bakehouse Sherborne, Dorset