I had read all of the previous reviews, and granted Malcolm is wonderful, what a warm and generous individual. Malcolm offered to watch our dog after she wouldn't settle for the evening so that we could enjoy an evening out. Breakfast was nice and made to order as every one commented on
On the other hand, despite the lovely welcome and generous host, the accommodation was a little lacking, firstly, they use coded locks to enter the front door and all the rooms. Unfortunately the locks can be glitchy and require patience! Even when you thought you had them figured out, you didn't. The lights in the hallway were on a timer but lasted only seconds, not giving you a chance to get the code on the door into place. Luckily Malcolm came to the rescue and knew the codes despite the dark. My mother in law struggled with a lack of heating and in Malcolm's defence did everything he could to sort the issue and all was fine. Late night quests loud and obnoxious but again nothing that Malcolm could have prevented and he made amends for the disturbance.
All in all, just a little disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 18th Century Bakehouse Stone Built With 10 Rooms, Courtyard Garden, Dog Friendly, Wi-fi, Evening Meals, Intimate And Friendly, A Pleasant Alternative To A Large Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Bakehouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bakehouse Hotel Sherborne
- The Bakehouse Sherborne, Dorset