“Endlessly helpful”

Ranked #4 of 24 Sherborne B&B and Inns
London, UK
“Endlessly helpful”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were in one of the newly converted rooms for a few days and it was idyllic. It must surely be fantasy fulfilment for lots of people to stay in a country pub with fabulous views, a gourmet restaurant and on-site hosts happy to rustle up extra amazing food and drinks for you at any time. Not to mention a comfy bed, a spacious bathroom, effective WiFi (in the bar - which is fine because it's quiet when the pub's closed of course) and a little private seating patio outside your room, where you can read or listen to your iPod or just gaze at the countryside, the cows and the birds.
Heather explained when we arrived that they like to leave you to enjoy your room all day with as little interruption from them as possible, which makes it really relaxing. But it certainly doesn't mean that that the service is any the less good. Seldom have we been anywhere where they put so much effort into making sure that we were happy. Any need or problem was solved immediately; they truly seem to enjoy looking after people. Terrific place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great lunch in lovely garden, all the staff are friendly and very helpful.
We had the picnic board, which would feed at least three.
All food is a very high quality.
Our grandaughter was with us and the Rose &Crown is child friendly.
Thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed for 1 Sat night, in the area for a wedding. Fantastic stay. Highlights:

- when we arrived, we were shown personally to our room by the charming lady who I think runs the place
- she gave us a nice little tray of fresh milk and orange juice - lovely touch
- the room and bathroom were fantastic - really nicely done up, and believe me, I am fussy!
- wonderful sandwiches for lunch - although a tip would be only order 1 to share - they are huge! But also very tasty and fresh - proper bread too
- the breakfast next day was very good - took a while to arrive, but worth it. Much better ingredients than your usual full English
- The reason I have called this review The Extra Mile is because when I got home from the wedding, I realised I had left rather a nice cufflink somewhere (yes, maybe a few too many beverages at the reception!). So I rang the Rose & Crown to see if I had left it in the room. I was called back to say that the cleaner had found a cufflink and had thrown it out.......BUT THEY THEN WENT THROUGH THE BINS TO FIND IT! Not only that but they then packed it up and sent it to me. I was so touched as the cufflinks were a gift and so had quite a bit of sentimental value. All in all, rather reassuring to find people who are prepared to do that extra bit that makes such a difference. Thank-you.
- This is a class place run by friendly, keen, proud and switched on people. They deserve every success that I am sure this place will bring them. Best of luck.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sherborne
The Eastbury Hotel
#10 of 24 in Sherborne
Munden House
Munden House
#1 of 1 in Alweston

Been to The Rose & Crown Trent? Share your experiences!