“A charming cafe”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is a charming little cafe tucked away in the Swan Yard, just off Cheap Street. Visiting on a busy Saturday, we took the last indoor table. It's easy to see why it's popular. The menu is Italian oriented, so includes pizzas, lasagnes, but we opted for the baked potato with tuna and toast with pate, both come with a side salad. If you are just looking for a light meal/snack option then this is perfect. The cake slices are more than generous and the tiramisu is home-made. Despite the busyness, staff are efficient, friendly and polite. Mains, desserts, soft drinks and coffee for two around £30.

Caffe B, Owner at Caffe Baglioni, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your kind and detailed review.
We are very lucky with the amount of customers that visit us, and always enjoy meeting new people. We hope to see you again when you next visit!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I came here for coffee and cake and were not disappointed. Coffee was smooth with no bitterness but a rich flavour.
Cakes were served iin massive slices- coffee and walnut bursting with flavour and lemon drizzle. Just beaten by the size of it.
Lovely little cafe- much better than the chains.

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed the homemade and fresh cakes and Illy coffee, perfect for an afternoon treat!
We are a family run business and work hard, so very much appreciate your lovely feedback.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I usually just visit this Caffe for a coffee though on occassion have ordered crumpets or olives. I have never tried the food (though those who have had told me only good things).
I normally get an espresso or macchiato and they are always spot on. Never bitter or too weak and a nice amaretto biscuit on the side.
Very pleasant staff, excellent service, nice atmosphere. During the warmer months I usually sit outside which is pleasant enough and inside it is very comfortable to sit with a paper or companion but there is a television in the corner should you wish to stare at that instead. Unlike some places that have a TV the volume is not disruptive so it's quite easy to ignore.
There are many coffee shops in Sherborne and all have their plus points but I do find myself coming to this one most often, especially if I am looking for an espresso rather than a fancy flavored latte.

Thank you for your feedback. We serve only the best Illy coffee and offer a wide variety of different coffees and drinks. We're happy you keep returning to visit us and take advantage of sitting outside or soaking up the atmosphere inside.
See you again soon!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have been to Caffe Baglioni on a number of occasions, Susie and Charlie always make everyone very welcome. The food is always good and at areasonable price. It is small and the menu is not extensive, they are just good at what they do. A real pleasure to go to.

Thank you Rob C for your review. It is always nice to hear our customers are happy and our hard work at making sure everything is to a high standard pays off! Thank you for your kind words and see you soon!