“Excellent food, slightly marred by stroppy waitress”
Review of The Sherborne Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

The Sherborne Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Milborne Port
“Excellent food, slightly marred by stroppy waitress”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Myself and a group of 8 friends recently visited this restaurant. Everything started off well and the food was extremly tasty and served quickly. the only thing that slightly marred the evening was one of the waitresses.
We were served by two girls. One british and one thai. The british young girl was extremly helpful, kind and a real joy. But the thai girl was obviously having a bad day!!!. She stropped about the room, she asked us where we wanted one of our dishes DUMPED!, and was constantly overhead making rude comments about other diners and just generally being quite unproffessional.
It was a real shame because other than her, the restaurant is really lovely, but thanks to her I would be reluctant to return with other friends for fear of being served by her.

• Visited April 2013

Dorset, United Kingdom
“Excellent Express Lunch”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Popped in for lunch, express menu £4.50 for 1 course but went for the starter and main with rice for £7.50. Probably the best Thai food within miles and at that price, really good value. Will return again for lunch and dinner.

• Visited April 2013
Sherborne
“Excellent food”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I visited this resturant recently. The food and service is superp. Shown by the fact that it is full most Friday's and Saturday's. Make sure you book. Anybody staying in Sherborne for weddings etc should book a romm in the adjoining Brittania room are very clean and comfortable.

• Visited March 2013
Sherborne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food, Super Service”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I have been to this restaurant many time times; sometimes with friends and sometimes on our own. Each time we have all agreed that the food has been consistently excellent and it really is authentic (we've been to Thailand to compare). I particularly love Panang curries and they do Duck Panang for me even though its not on the menu. The food prices are quite reasonable for the quality and the wine has been sensibly priced as well. Service is very good and the Thai staff are lovely. Highly recommended as this is currently my preferred restaurant in Sherborne.

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Thai food outside of Thailand”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I went to Thailand a few years ago and loved the food. I had been unable to get anything approaching that standard until this place opened. The chicken massaman and chicken penang are favourites as is the chu chee pla, which is saying something as I'm not really a fish lover!

I've been back a number of times and my only problem is dragging myself away from my favourite dishes to try something else!

1 Thank Andrew J