“Welcome aaddition to Sherborne's eating out experince”
Review of The Sherborne Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

The Sherborne Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My family and i took my elderly Dad for his birthday, to the Thai restaurant for a change of experience from the usual Indian or pub grub., We had an excellent evening, the food was absolutely delicious and presented beautifully. Dad and I had set menu A which included some delicious appetizers and a chicken green curry, a sweet and sour prawn stir fry, stir fry vegetables, sticky rice and noodles, they were all fantastic, my sister and her partner had another set menu consisting of a selection of fish dishes, they said it was lovely, especially the sea bass, and my daughter and her partner had a set menu with mainly duck and beef dishes, they thoroughly enjoyed and said the duck was especially nice, I tasted the beef and that was really tasty. Mu niece had a green curry and rice and really enjoyed it. All the set menu's included a selection of appetizers and are £19.95 per person, they are on the menu as set for 2 however they will make it more more people if asked.
The service was fantastic, very attentive without being obtrusive, the waiter was very nice and helpful.
I would highly recommend to anyone wanting good tasty food. I will definitely go again, but I will wear some warmer clothes as it was a bit on the chilly side, but it did not detract from it being a pleasant evening. My Dad thoroughly enjoyed his Birthday meal.
Go on give it a try everyone I am sure you will not be disappointed, my only advise would be to make sure, if you feel the cold like me, that you wear an extra layer of clothes to keep you warm until the lovely hot curry warms you up : ). Great experience, lovely people x

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a few times since it opened and each time have had a very pleasant experience. I eat out in Sherborne a lot so when the thai restaurant opened I was grateful the food selection had expanded. I'm a big fan of thai food and often travel to Yeovil to Mali Thai but now I can eat much closer to home.
The atmosphere was pleasant (though quiet) on each occassion (most of the times I have been have been mid-week so it has usually been myself and 2-3 other groups of people), the staff are always courteous and efficient and the food has been very good. Prices are very reasonable and they have a lunch menu which although I haven't tried looks like excellent value.
I'll continue to eat here and wish the owners the best of luck with this new venture.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Hi me and my boyfriend went to eat cold thai food that tasted Discusting !! Never again would I waste my money on this place !! Stay away people !! The chef had a bad cough and came out coughing all over our food !!

1  Thank Turnersofsherborne
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My friend and I visited The Sherborne Thai last weekend and we have to say we were thoroughly impressed. We were seated almost immediately despite them being busy and the service was attentive throughout our visit. The food was delicious; I had the chicken green curry and loved it! I would definitely recommend this place, great meal out.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

First time visit for my colleagues and I; the restaurant has a very nice atmosphere and is tagged on the side of the Britannia Pub for the added bonus of a further choice in drinks, if required. The staff were very helpful and attentive.

My starter was average if I am honest, tasty though; however, I felt the description did not quite portray what I received. I had Thai fishcakes (Tod Mun Pla, number 6 on the menu), that had been described as minced fish, so i was intrigued to what may arrive, there in lies my probable disappointment as I was expecting something different, if I had looked closer at the heading I would have seen in parenthesis the clue. More my lack of reading then the restaurants problem.

That aside, the main course was a culinary explosion of flavor; I had the fried Bass in Shu Shi curry sauce (Choo Chee Pla Krapong, number 19 on the menu) with sticky coconut rice (Kao Mun, number 35 on the menu), it has to have been the most delicious and full of flavor Thai food I have ever eaten; however, it was a meal of minimal proportions for a hungry fella like myself.

We all (three of us) had a couple of drinks, starters and mains; the bill came to just shy of £78.00. Pretty good value for money in my opinion. Sherborne has some very nice places to eat and I certainly have my favorites, this is now one of them.