“Nice stop for lunch”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dorset, United Kingdom
“Nice stop for lunch”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We visited Sherborne recently and decided to try Oliver's having perused the menu of various other cafes around town.
The lunch was nicely served and we had a nice big pot of tea.
Altogether a nice experience.
I am sure we will return.

• Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
South West
“Lovely but sort out presentation”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I love Olivers and it's traditions. The quality and range of food, drinks and cakes make it a great spot for tourists and locals alike. It's the perfect antidote to the chains like Costa.

HOWEVER, please in future, don't obviously pour me a glass of orange juice from a carton that is clearly depicting that it's from a supermarket, it's budget and costs 85p, and then charge me £1.60. At least decant it into a jug!

• Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great prices, great food!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Ploughman's lunch at Oliver's was the best ever anywhere. Plenty of it, delicious, fresh, local produce and cheap as the proverbial chips. Lashings of tea to wash it down. Yum! Nice surroundings too.

• Visited July 2014
Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Having read all the reviews and publicity, I was expecting something quite wonderful. The concept, location and interior were great, but the service was abysmal and the food was not much better. Maybe they had a 'bad day', but this is not a place I would recommend or go back to. Whilst the layout of the big table in the front room was fun, the same in the back room left only the wall 'shelves' to sit at if you wanted a private conversation. What made the big tables even less inviting was all the remains of previous meals still on the tables. As I said, it could have been just a bad day, but the staff seemed relaxed about it?

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank John R
Jane W, Owner at Oliver's Coffee House, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear John

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I'm so sorry you were disappointed with your visit to Oliver's.

I appreciate that the seating arrangement isn't for everyone but there is usually a choice of shared seating or private booths available with most people able to find an agreeable option. However there are times, especially at weekends and during school holidays, when we are extremely busy and you may have to perch wherever there is a space so I'm sorry if this was the case.

With regard to the tables not being cleared quickly enough, we obviously always aim to do this as soon as customers leave where possible. I can only apologise that we weren't quick enough on the day of your visit. I wish you'd asked to speak to me so that I could have seen to this for you. I will reiterate the importance of this to all staff as well as passing on feedback about your review.

You mention in your review that this could have just been a bad day for us and I hope that you will give us another chance in the future. It sounds like you visited during one of our hectic school holiday lunch times and we'd love the opportunity to prove that the rest of our reviews are justified.

Jane
Turkey
“Lovely little coffee shop”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

The food in here was absolutely amazing! Lovely little place to stop for a quick bite to eat. Fast service despite how busy it was.