“Brilliant all you can eat feast”
Review of fortune palace

fortune palace
Ranked #22 of 58 Restaurants in Sherborne
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Go here very often, and it is brilliant. The staff are great, friendly and quick, and they have authentic Chinese lager available which is always good when you go for a Chinese meal. The food is lovely. You can order as much as you want for £15 but what you do is write down on a sheet what starters it is you would like, then they will cook it fresh for you. Then they will do the duck inbetween the main. I was still hungry after what I ordered so I went for more starters before ordering mains. If you do not attempt to eat a dish they'll charge you £3. But why would you order something you don't want? Brilliant night, great food, only thing they could improve on is the decor as it is slightly dated, but give its go, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Scott M

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I were taken here on Christmas Eve by our son and daughter in law. We thoroughly enjoyed it and I would be confident to state that It is the best Chinese I have had in an age. We selected the all you can eat option . It is not your usual buffet style food. You select what you like from a menu and it is cooked fresh and brought to your table. The standard of the cuisine is first rate. The staff are friendly and attentive and children are well catered for (pardon the pun). The previous review did state that this venue is in the middle of nowhere and they are totally correct, you would not imagine a restaurant so secluded. I would point out however, that you must turn LEFT when leaving not right. You would be in all sorts of bother otherwise as its a dual carriage way. I would very happily visit here again.

1  Thank Denden1954
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went here on Christmas eve. What a great find. It is actually in the middle of nowhere on the A30 near Sherbourne and you give it a second look when passing as it just looks so out of place.
Inside it is a very traditional Chinese and the staff are extremely friendly. Whilst our party were all adults, there were kids there and they seemed to be loving it.
We selected the 'all you can eat' menu and the choice was absolutely first class. They even had my favourite aromatic crispy duck. The idea is to tick your choices on a menu and then your food is cooked from fresh and brought to your table. I say without doubt that it was the finest Chinese food I have tasted in years. If you over order, apparently you have to pay extra if you then leave it. This is a good idea to deter greedy overeaters This is a venue we will be definitely be using again.
Just on a precautionary note, the car-park is a tad small and you must turn right when leaving and find the small gap in the dual carriageway to head back to Yeovil.
But that is small fry to contend with having just sampled this terrific restaurant.

2  Thank Denis C
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Had the buffet menu , which gave us a chance to try many different dishes .and we could order extra dishes of the ones we really liked . Ideal for treat , lovely atmosphere, with helpful , cheerful staff , what more could you ask for ?
Will be recommending to all our friends . Great for get togethers . Try for yourself .
Fabulous

1  Thank Helen020671
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant has recently been taken over by new staff. The food and service are of the same high standard as previously. This is the best place to have Chinese food in Yeovil. There is an 'Eat as much as you order' buffet, as well as a standard menu.

4  Thank Michael F