“Nice spot for lunch”

Ranked #5 of 58 Restaurants in Sherborne
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tamburino Gold was established in March 2011 by Domenico and Miguel, teaming up in partnership to provide the ultimate Italian dining out experience.Domenico and Miguel had previously worked together in a popular Italian restaraunt for 8 years. With Domenico's great business skills and Miguel's devine cooking capabilities - joining forces makes the perfect combination.We are situated in an ideal location in the beautiful town of Sherborne, positioned with a great view of the famous Sherborne Abbey.Tamburino Gold is already proving to be a great success, providing superb food and a great level of service
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Must be good, we've just had our second meal here this month! It's been busy on both occasions which is always a good sign. Had two tasty meals, a risotto first time round and today penne salmone e asparagi. Good value at just over £30 for two (including a peroni, espresso doppio & panna cotta).

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Having had a great experience previously, we returned. However, this time the food and service was pretty average with the waiter sidetracked by another party and involved in conversation with them. Don't know about authentic Italian taste, having spent years in Italy, I don't know that I would go that far. It's passable...

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Excellent food having eaten here on one evening and deciding it was so nice we returned the following evening. Generous portion sizes, reasonably priced and a pleasant atmosphere even though there were large parties in. Would return if visiting Sherbourne again.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

It was a lovely sunny day so what could be nicer than sitting at a table outside with a view of the Abbey in the background. My boyfriend and I had the set lunch menu which was excellent value. The food had a real authentic Italian taste. Service was friendly and efficient. What more can I say. Would go back

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We were staying in Sherborne for the weekend so decided to book a restaurant so we checked Tripadvisor and Tambourino Gold popped up as a nice place so we thought we'd try it out.

Well we went along hoping it was going to e good and I have to say the people who reviewed it previously were spot on.

What a great little place with bags of atmosphere, entertaining staff and fantastic food.

I rarely order a steak when I'm out because I always get some tough old bit of beef that's as old as I am but the waiter recommended the rib eye and it was probably the best steak I've ever had in a restaurant which I let them know.

The food is really good quality, the prices are pretty reasonable and they don't sting you for the wine either. All in all a great night out and we'll definitely be visiting next time we're in Sherborne