“A Hidden Gem”

Dining options: Breakfast
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Popped into Shaftesbury for a visit & stopped by this little treasure of a place. Very welcoming, excellent food & gorgeous ice-cream which our 8-year-old twins devoured. So good in fact, that we had to return later in the week for second helpings! Many thanks & we'll be back next time we're down this way...

2 Thank Atco64

London, United Kingdom
“Friendly and good value.”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Hidden in a little courtyard, this cafe offers good prices and good food in a clean setting with shaded outdoor seating. There are nice decorative touches too. A great cafe.

2 Thank J Y
Southampton
“Fab little cafe”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Drove into Shaftesbury in the middle of a thunderstorm, decided to still park and have a look around and came across this lovely cafe. Staff were very friendly and extremely accommodating arranging for a jam sandwich for my son! Food was lovely and would definitely visit again when in the area.

3 Thank Flc2211
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Shaftesburys Best Ever”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Quite simply first class in every aspect. Warm friendly welcome every time. Good quality fresh food, well presented and always served with a smile! The coffee is one of the best I've tasted. I have visited many times for coffee, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and just popped in for a ice cream and they have never failed to impress me...

“Great cakes !”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Whilst on a trip back to visit family I just had to pop into the new 'Ugly Duckling' cafe. Having heard so many good things about it I wanted to see if it would live up to its reputation and they certainly didn't disappoint. My eyes nearly popped out when I saw the size of the homemade cakes! I had jacket potato followed by a millionnaires shortbread with generous amounts of caramel, washed down with a milkshake with Marshwood farm icecream. It was a sunny day so we sat outside on the terrace-the staff were friendly and happy to help. Altogether a lovely experience tucked away in Swan's yard it's perfectly placed for a summers afternoon.