“Best cheese in North Dorset.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Turnbulls Deli

Turnbulls Deli
Ranked #11 of 40 Restaurants in Shaftesbury
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our deli serves the best cheese for miles, where we showcase the pick of local classics such as Montgomery and Dorset Blue Vinny, plus the finest examples of the European Greats. We stock cheeses so good, so extraordinary and perfectly matured, you'll taste the difference in every mouthful. Turnbulls Bistro serves seasonal home made lunches with many dishes under £10, made here by us with carefully sourced local ingredients. And our coffee, well, it's Great Taste Award winning, and our hot chocolate special is renowned in playgrounds from Bath to the Jurassic Coast.
“Best cheese in North Dorset.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

A lovely, friendly place to drop in for coffee & read the paper. Meet friends, have lunch, or tea and cakes - then choose some cheese and delicately smoked trout to take home.
One of the few elements of Shaftesbury that I will actually miss.

Iwerne Minster, United Kingdom
“Great breakfasts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I do love a good breakfast and what you always have in mid is a proper slap up plate full of yummyness, but what you get most of the time in places is cheap sausages that were cooked a day or two ago and watery imitations of baked beans. Not in this place though.
The breakfasts are really great, black pudding, sausage, great bacon and fresh fried eggs actually cooked well and still sort. The deli itself is a cave of delights full of smells and colours that just make you want to wander around and buy most of the stuff. There is a small seating area at the front of the shop but going to the back, where there is an extension build is lovely are bright and airy. Just the place for recovering from a hangover and having your breakfast, or maybe that’s just me.
The only issue with the place is the service, it can be awful so make sure you’re not in a hurry. Our Mr Turnbull who owns the shop seriously needs to get a lot more staff as the two women who i see there all the time are trying to serve tables and behind the counter at the same time, and it just doesn't work.

• Visited February 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Disappointing visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I intended to treat myself to coffee and Eggs Benedict this morning as is my usual habit on a day off. Unfortunately I was left sitting for at least ten minutes with not even eye contact or 'I'll be with you in a minute' from staff which made me feel ignored and that my custom was not valued. I walked out with no-one including the owner batting an eyelid. I expected better.

1 Thank sunworshipper004
Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
“Service remains appalling”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

This place needs a real kick,I am suprsied people still frequent it.
We had been once and vowed never to return but thought we could surely not go wrong with a coffee and cake.Order was taken quite promptly.We then sat and waited whilst people were served in the deli,someone ordered a take away coffee and got it instantly,they came in after us. In the end we had to ask if the coffees and cake would be long at which a quick response then came.
Having paid and left I realised I had been short changed by a pound.
Dont ever go there it is pure snobbery that keeps this place going not good service.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Theresa C
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

“Excellent
I live locally and have seen a few incarnations of this pub. The current one looks to have got it just right and seems set to stay. The food is delicious. The service is polite and thorough. There is also a great atmosphere. It is fantastic place for a drink or to have dinner!