“Family friendly, lovely staff, good food.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN The Royal Chase Hotel

BEST WESTERN The Royal Chase Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Shaftesbury
Staffordshire, UK
“Family friendly, lovely staff, good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We descended on mass due to a family christening. Amongst our group were 4 young children. We felt very welcome and comfortable due to the friendly and attentive staff. Breakfast was plentiful and good quality, service was excellent. There were only 2 high chairs and we needed 3 between us so we did have to juggle babies on laps. Also the pool, which had been the main draw card, was out of action from Sat to Monday (when we left) which was disappointing. They were working hard to fix it. Our family room was plenty big enough for 4 of us. The room was rather warm, however we borrowed a fan for the second night which made sleeping more comfortable. All in all the hotel represents good value for money and provided us with a comfortable stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two nights visiting a wedding in another location. Had dinner one evening and was super! Saff lovely friendly and attentive. Good base location. Room was spacious and had all we needed. It's nothing special but perfectly good for a couple of days. I had two very bad nights sleep tough and very bad back for a few days after owing to the beds. I think it could do with updating and now days some kind of matteress topper or foam layer would be much appreciated. I have not slept on and spring bed for a couple of years and this experience reminded me why. It was very uncomfortable and tired and sagging and unsupportive. When you are after bed and breakfast sleep is a big deal. Lovely staff shame about the beds.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed here for one night due to a wedding locally. I called up the night before to ask if there would be somewhere we could get changed before the wedding around 12:30 (check in at 2pm) - we have 4 rooms booked so I thought 1 would be easy to arrange. I was told that this was "too much hassle", I travel a lot and I have never been told this at any hotel.

However, we turned up at 12:30 hoping that possibly someone else might beon reception and would be able to help us. Luckily there was 1 room avaiable.

The rooms are fine, nothing specail and served there purpose for staying 1 night.

Breakfast was good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I've stayed here before on business in Dorset and always come back. I've always had excellent value for money when I've stayed here. The staff are always friendly and helpful too. The buildings are lovely and full of character. I've seen investment going in over the last few years as it was a bit rundown but does not give that feel overall although I think some further investment is necessary. It's always a balance because you could overdo it and end up ruining the character of the place. Breakfast was fine and freshly cooked to order. Room facilities were great. Car parking no problem at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
West Stour near Gillingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had a very important day to celebrate Chris and I and after months of preparation the day finally arrived.It could not have been a worse day weatherwise, rain, rain and more rain but it was the venue to remember as far as everything else was concerned. Starting with a very "switched on" wedding planner, Rosie, who without being pushy, listened and supported all my wishes throughout the preparation stage.We established a very good and easy rapport from the beginning and I could not have hoped for a better person to guide me through the rocky journey towards a wedding preparation. The reception room looked as I had wished and the ceremony room was the perfect venue for exchanging our ever so precious vows.The manager of the hotel Tony Wilson carried on with the later part of the preparation work when we vertually snatched all the rooms at the hotel for my family coming over sea including Chris's, travelling from Yorkshire. Tony's cool composure, professionalism and good looks certainly seem to win everyone's over from the French side. If they were any little hiccups they must have been dealt with without my knowledge and that was all I expected from the head of the team at the Hotel.As for the rest of Tony's team they were all so friendly, smiling and looking genuinely so happy for us, among our guests and family. A big thumb up for Steven ,the Head Chef at the Royal Chase who was ever so professional and conscientious, provinding a very tasty, beautifully prepared and well balanced dinner for both French and English guests, united for this occasion. Finally I'd like to mention that the complementary bridal room was the perfect touch after an emotional, romantic and totally fulfilling experience in a life time. If you ever think about getting married one day, then The Royal Chase Hotel certainly holds the key to make your dreams come true. Marie-Helene and Chris from West Stour, Dorset

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Poole, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

My organisation held a board meeting here today. The hotel is geographically suited to bring in the public from the immediate area to allow our organisation to encourage the public to attend. What impresses me is the attention to presentation and cleanliness. The management team have this under control with spades.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dorsetgourmet
Pisa, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Despite Shaftesbury really small and otherwise really good satnav we had to ask twice to find this hotel. The hotel is a typical English middle class hotel a bit fawlty towers style. Ample on site parking and friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Csaba73
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shaftesbury
The Grosvenor Arms
#1 of 3 in Warminster
The Coppleridge Inn
The Coppleridge Inn
#2 of 24 in Shaftesbury

Been to BEST WESTERN The Royal Chase Hotel? Share your experiences!