“Just what I needed” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Grove Arms
Ranked #17 of 39 Restaurants in Shaftesbury
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: With Nina's farming background the heart to the Grove's menu is a wide offering, sourced locally direct from the producer to offer varied dishes with the ethos of something for everyone no matter what the occasion. We run both a hearty main menu and a specials board daily along with many weekly special event nights supported by the locals as follows: Wednesday Night - Pie and a Pint night £8.95 Thursday Night - Steak Night 2 for 1 Friday Night - 2 fish & Chips for £14.95
Castle Cary, United Kingdom
“Just what I needed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

After a busy day being mum I had arrange to meet my girlfriends at the pub which had just changed management , I had the pork belly.....well it's was sublime, the whole meal was fantastic, I really couldn't fault it.
The front of house was vey attentive and very helpful, atmosphere was relaxed but classy! I really enjoyed my meal out and will be going back again soon.

Visited June 2014

Shrewsbury
“Empty and expensive!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stopped off for lunch on a Saturday afternoon and were the only people in the entire place which never bodes well.
We had a very light lunch, 2 omelettes and a soup with a tea, coffee and a juice and were astounded when the bill came to £32.
I couldn't drink my tea, the cup was filthy and the water in the pot was lukewarm.
The food was reasonable but nothing to justify the high price, We won't be returning.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Shaftesbury, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointed visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

This restaurant is now under new management and quality of the meals served was very poor.
I must regret that I must retract my previous recommendation of this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Shaftesbury, England, United Kingdom
“3 EXCELLENT VISITS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have dined at the Grove Arms three times and each time had an excellent three course
meal. The staff have been very friendly and efficient. It is rare these days to have a 3 course meal and each course well cooked and presented. The lady of the house is in charge of the kitchen and cooks or supervises the preparation of all meals. The ambient atmosphere and decor and to the enjoyment.

• Visited December 2013
Salisbury Wiltshire
“Varied Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We returned to the Grove Arms after a gap of many years after having read the recent good reviews. We were not disappointed. The restaurant looks smart and modern and has been thoughtfully divided into smaller spaces with half rails. There were excellent choices for all three courses and the service especially from the young waiter was friendly and efficient. The host( the owner?) was a little quiet/shy; his response to our compliments and assurance we would return was mimimal but polite.And he missed out on promoting their VIP discount for regulars. The food was well cooked, and came with seasonal veg. Not a common sight these days.

• Visited March 2014