“Lovely atmosphere and good food.” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Grove Arms
Ranked #16 of 39 Restaurants in Shaftesbury
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: With Nina's farming background the heart to the Grove's menu is a wide offering, sourced locally direct from the producer to offer varied dishes with the ethos of something for everyone no matter what the occasion. We run both a hearty main menu and a specials board daily along with many weekly special event nights supported by the locals as follows: Wednesday Night - Pie and a Pint night £8.95 Thursday Night - Steak Night 2 for 1 Friday Night - 2 fish & Chips for £14.95
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Lovely atmosphere and good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was working near Shaftesbury and arrived late and hungry. I didn't fancy the look of my hotel restaurant (Best Western - Royal Chase Hotel), so I looked on Trip Advisor for a recommended restaurant and discovered the Grove Arms just a few miles away. The staff were very welcoming and pub and restaurant were clean and well presented.

The menu was excellent and varied. My colleague and I shared a mixed tapas starter which was excellent and for my main course I had ham, egg and chips which was lovely.

They also offer accommodation, which if I had known I would have stayed here as it also looked nice.

I can highly recommend this establishment.

Cambs
“Fabulous pub/ restaurant/B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I love The Grove, we stay every year when the aerobatics competition is on at Compton Abbas. The rooms are immaculate, food excellent, staff very friendly and helpful. The village itself is lovely as is the whole area. We will definitely be going back next year and strongly recommend

Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Warm Welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We booked for four days at short notice, we were received with a warm and welcoming attitude and helpful manner. We felt at home immediately. The premises are spotless and well maintained and the food is plentiful and of high quality. Throughout the visit we were treated by staff and hosts with the utmost help and respect. The visit was made to be a pleasure by all concerned.
Highly recommended.

Berkshire
“Family-friendly pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here by chance with 3 kids. Staff were welcoming and helpful. Food great and well priced. Not a huge outside area but what there is is well presented - a nice little sun trap.

• Visited May 2013
Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
“Needs another visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stopped off for quick drink and wish we were staying for lunch as the food being served around us looked delicious. Nice menu, and very good deals - cheaper to eat between 6-7pm. Definitely coming back.

Visited May 2013