“Lunch on a Sunday (Grove Arms, Ludwell, on the A30)”
Review of The Grove Arms

The Grove Arms
Ranked #21 of 44 Restaurants in Shaftesbury
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: With Nina's farming background the heart to the Grove's menu is a wide offering, sourced locally direct from the producer to offer varied dishes with the ethos of something for everyone no matter what the occasion. We run both a hearty main menu and a specials board daily along with many weekly special event nights supported by the locals as follows: Wednesday Night - Pie and a Pint night £8.95 Thursday Night - Steak Night 2 for 1 Friday Night - 2 fish & Chips for £14.95
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went here with my sister and had a great sunday roast. What is particularly good is that the do two portion sizes - a really good idea. I had the smaller size which was still very generous. Staff are friendly and the atmosphere cosy. Would definitely return

Reviewed December 17, 2012

.....and we did. Different menu, different Badger Ale than our last visit but everything was just as good as last time. We stayed in room 3 which was nicely appointed and at the front of the building. The A30 is outside which might be noisier in the summer months if you have the windows open but wasn't an issue when we stayed. I found the bed far too soft but my wife labsolutely loved it. Breakfast was excellent and used all local produce. I would definitely eat there again and would love another breakfast there but I don't think I could do the bed again.

Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I had my 21st birthday here back in January. The staff were so helpful and patient when trying to plan and put the whole thing together. I love sushi, which unfortunately they were unable to do but as a suprise they went out of their way and bought some just for me! They let me put decorations up and I remember (just!) been given a few drinks on the house. We had a hot buffet selection of food due to the amount of guests, and it was all really tasty.

I would not hesitate to book another event here again.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I dropped in to this pub for its special offer lunch on a wet Friday, having visited before for an evening meal.
We were greeted by a friendly member of staff behind the bar and as we had arrived early, were able to have the table in the bay window. By 1pm the pub was nearly full, customers ranging from retired couples to younger people en route to the west country.
My husband had the fish and I the goat's cheese tart, which came with new potatoes and salad.
We both had the banana and caramel sponge and custard - a large piece which neither of us managed to finish.
The special offer is excellent value for money at £10 for two courses and tea/coffee.
This pub has had a troubled past with two devastating fires. It has been refurbished to a high standard and the couple running it now appear hard-working and dedicated to good service. It was good to see young staff with such well developed customer service skills.
They all deserve to succeed.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were staying in Sherborne and drove here specially for our evening meal. Good parking but make sure your handbrake works. Nicely furnished, decorated and clean and tidy. The food and beer was great and cheaper than I expected, Service was very good. We will be returning in December to sample the B&B side of the business.