“Everything you could wish for in a B&B”

Holbrook Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 23 Shaftesbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed here 23 November 2012 to 26 November 2012. This was my second stay here and it was just as good as the first time!

You get a warm welcome and everything you need for your stay. Good quality, clean room, comfortable bed, refreshments, tv, hair dyer (for those that have hair!) and even the little touches such as nice toiletries are provided.

Breakfasts are flexible with a wide range of tasty options available. Simply nothing is too much trouble for Ian and Diane. Holbook B&B is a credit to them.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay with Diane and Ian. Though only for one night they gave us a very happy and friendly welcome. The accommodation is warm and spotless and the breakfasts are a real treat with everything on the menu you can think of.
Diane and Ian recommended a really good pub for us to have a meal during the evening and even booked a table for us. Nothing was too much trouble, and we felt as comfortable as if we were staying with friends.

Will recommend Holbrook to all our friends and family.

Room Tip: You always find an excellent B and B in the "Little Green Book"
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I work around the country and have done for approx 20 years and viewing a project in Shaftesbury I came across this B&B. Although it was just for a 1 night stay I would easily rate it one of the most cosy, friendly and clean B&B establishments I have every had the pleasure to stay in. The owners Ian and Diane could not do enough for you to truly make this a home from home. My room had all the current up to date tea making facilities, digital tv and free wifi, there was ample parking and a good selection of take away restaurants and public houses only a stones throw away. The breakfast facilities are second to none and every need or requirement were catered for. Would not hesitate to recommend this B&B to anyone and other members of our company are already booked in for other projects/works that we are carrying out in the area.
King Henry, but only 3 wives

Room Tip: Stop at this B&B, you wont be disappointed
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I loved this B&B. The room was lovely and clean and we appreciated the free WIFI. There were always cookies, hot chocolate, tea, etc. in the room for us. I loved the toiletries provided in the bathroom for us. With liquid restrictions on the airlines these days, I can't travel with all of the conditioner that my hair needs. There was a big bottle in the shower for us. There was even dental floss. One of my favorite parts of the B&B was the breakfast that was included in the price (we had just stayed at 2 B&Bs in Ireland and weren't too happy with the breakfast which was NOT included.). A full English breakfast is available - and made to order. PLUS plenty of lighter options: a variety of fruit, yogurt, cereal, croissants, etc. This was perfect for us as americans who eat lighter breakfasts. We needed some fruit after almost a week of full Irish & English breakfasts (delicious but heavy). Best part of the B&B: the beds!!!! They were so comfortable. :) If I go to Shaftesbury again, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. (unless Holbrook is booked).

Room Tip: We only needed 2 beds but got a room with 4 beds in it... It seems the rooms are designed for famili...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Clean and comfortable, with warm welcome once again from Diane and Ian. We come down every year at this time and it's like visiting old friends - nothing too much trouble: tidy beans, extra milk, lovely meal on the evening we arrive! Would strongly recommend it and we're already booked in for next year!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tigger14
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We booked on recommendation and so glad we did. Diane and Ian made us more than welcome, they were perfect hosts and it was a pleasure staying with them. I am very fussy about cleanliness and it more than met my standards. We will definitely stay with them again next time we come to Shaftesbury and recommend them to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Received a very warm welcome from Diane and Ian. The room was very clean and tidy. A home cooked breakfast was much appreciated in the morning. Great people, would stop by here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple