“Happy new year.”

Premier Inn Dorchester Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Dorchester
Reviewed January 2, 2014

A very Good Hotel in a convient center of town.Not many car spaces so book early.Book an odd number room if you want to sleep soundly.Make sure you can get two room card keys as you need them for the lifts ,your room and to keep the ligts on in your room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 1, 2014

thank you for saving our night the staff were amazing help us out order food from a local takeaway for us warmed plates really looked after us you have four very happy people we say thank you breakfast staff helpful just well done keep it up !! :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Peter M
Claire_Wilson7, Manager at Premier Inn Dorchester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

What a lovely review! I was personally on shift when you came into the hotel on New Year’s Eve, I remember you well, I am so glad myself and my colleague could turn a situation around you experienced at another restaurant into a nicer experience for you here at Dorchester Premier Inn. It really matters to me that all of our guest’s experience world-class service and I am glad that you felt we did this. I hope to welcome all of you back soon here in 2014.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

As others have said, this is a new Premier Inn which opened in April 2013, so everything is still new and clean. The rooms are comfortable and uncluttered, along with basic toiletries and ok-ish towels. The room I stayed in had a shower over the bath, not sure if all rooms are configured this way, but I would prefer to have a proper shower and no bath.
I had the full breakfast one morning during my visit which I felt was good value. However, there was no fresh fruit or marmalade the day I was there. Only little things I know, but nevertheless, important to the diner.
As there are numerous restaurants within a stones throw I didn't eat in the hotel in the evening, but I did use the bar, which was fine.
All the staff I encountered were very helpful and cheery, and seemed to enjoy their job. There is a small underground car park, but make sure you park in the designated space as there is also private parking in the same area. Look out for your allocated number and the purple pillars! Alternatively there is a large public car park literally 100 metres away which is only £2 from 8am till 6pm, then free over night.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms have a better view, at the moment!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

We offer great value rooms, great service all in a clean, comfortable and a well-looked after environment; plus a Good Night, Guaranteed and I am pleased that you found all of this to be the case during your stay. However, I appreciate your feedback regarding the breakfast, you are correct in saying these are very important to our diners, I will pass this feedback onto the breakfast team to ensure that we take this on board. All of our rooms feature the bath plus shower to ensure our guest’s get a choice, but I understand that you would have preferred the shower alone. Once again thank you for your review, it makes us a better hotel to receive feedback to ensure we remain the best we can be. I hope to welcome you back to Dorchester and if there is anything I can do, please feel free to get in touch with me. (OpsManager.dorchester@premierinn.com)

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is a brand new Premier Inn in an interesting redevelopment of old Brewery buildings. It is a short stroll to the town center. All the staff I encountered during my stay were genuinely friendly and efficient. The room was spotless, comfortable and quiet. I had breakfast on one of the days and it was really good. I booked when there was an offer and it was amazingly reasonable! I have stayed in much more expensive hotels that haven't been as good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful review, I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We not only pride ourselves on our clean and comfortable rooms but our friendly Team Members who really go out of their way to make every stay for our guests brilliant! It will be an absolute pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is a new hotel built on the old brewery site. It's part of a large complex comprising shops, a cinema, and restaurants. The staff are superb - by far the most helpful, pleasant staff I've found in a hotel for a long time. The room is typical Premier Inn - comfortable, clean - no great luxuries - but fine. Bed comfortable and big; shower very acceptable. The breakfast is well worth the additional investment - we took the full eat all you like breakfast. The only problem is the odd teething problem. Getting into the underground car park is a pain for example (an extra £2 a night cost - it goes to charity) - the hotel key does not work in opening the door - you have to press the button for the hotel. But overall I really recommend this hotel - at just over £50 a night you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OlderGuy1956

I'm pleased that despite the few issues you had, you still found us to be good value and chose us because of our great location. It was lovely to read that our Team gave you great service during your stay and you found them to be superb…I will ensure they receive your feedback, I am very proud of such a guest focussed team. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me (OpsManager.dorchester@premierinn.com)

Reviewed December 7, 2013

When we eventually found the Premier Inn (look out for the signs posted around Dorchester South train station) we experienced the friendliest welcome I can remember.

It's located just across the road from Dorchester South station. There's a lot of renovation works going on in the immediate area at the moment. There's several new shops and restaurants just around the corner and the town centre is only about a ten minute walk away.

Check in was quick and efficient and we were given directions to our room and a lot of other information about the hotel including the restaurant, breakfast times and general facilities.

Every time we walked in or out of the reception area, someone said hello.

The room was nice and large with plenty of room for everything.

This Premier Inn is quite new and this is reflected in the internal decoration and cleanliness.

A great Premier Inn.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

It was wonderful to read your review and I am thrilled you all had a brilliant stay. We are certainly very proud of our friendly team and it was great to read that you found this during your stay. It would be fantastic to welcome you back again and feel free to get in touch if there is anything I can do for you before your next visit. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. (OpsManager.dorchester@whitbread.com)

Reviewed November 29, 2013

A brand new hotel in a new development, so as you would expect nice accommodation. I didn't eat at their new restaurant attempt (what happened to Table Table then?)but ti was mostly Italian which is a bit unfortunate as Pizza Express is round the corner. The entrance is a bit difficult to find but otherwise all fine if you can get a £61 rate as I did mid week.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorchester
Best Western Wessex Royal Hotel
Junction Hotel
#5 of 6 in Dorchester
Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt
Travelodge Poole Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Dorchester Hotel? Share your experiences!