“Very Pleasant”

Carluccio's - Dorchester
Ranked #31 of 123 Restaurants in Dorchester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Very Pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Second time visited and good as the first. Waiting staff were attentive and we weren't kept waiting. Food good. Very busy for a week day afternoon.

Dorset
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Really nice place. Excellent service, the staff were incredibly helpful and polite. We were a group of 12 ranging from 10 months, 2yrs upto 75 years old. The food looked a bit dull but tasted good. The childs meal was a little too salty, lovely for adults but as the toddler and baby were sharing it was a bit much. I would go again.

Carlisle
“Great service and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was the first time we've ever eaten in this chain and have been to others since.

The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Even enthusiastic about their job, helping with the menus (having a separate vegetarian menu was a big help for us) and choices without being over the top and false.

While not the biggest range to choose from for our tastes all the food was cooked superbly and full of flavour. Wine was also superb. The choice of desserts (for me) seemed very poor, not liking chocolate or anything creamy (yes I know, I AM weird!!) but my friends found plenty to choose from and enjoyed every mouthful.

A great discovery for us and definitely worth a visit

Visited August 2013
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Great night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Me and my partner visited carluccios for the first time(02/09/2013), and I mus say we had a amazing time. The restaurant were very busy but the staff the the manager(lady with orange top) could not be more helpuful. The manager helped us out to choose a wine ( what we found a super service). The waiter gave us attention and explained about the menu and offer. The starter to share which cost £18 were absolute divine, the main was great too.. We will visit carluccios again and again. Very busy atmosphere ... Just what we needed in dorcherster

• Visited August 2013
Yeovil, England, United Kingdom
“With so much choice here they need to up their game!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The stoppy waitress ignored us and I had to go and ask to order my coffee. Being an "Italian" Caffe I wsa expecting great coffee but even though I requested the stronger brew it was awful. Whoever made it has had NO barrista training at all. It was an old fashion builders milky coffee served in a cup and saucer. Far too week, virtually no froth and not hot enough. The waitress looked down her nose at us and forgot to bring a spoon. When I asked for one she took ages by which time I had used a knife which was on the table. I will NEVER go in this place again and Mr C really needs to sort the staff out or do something else for a living.