“Best curry house in Dorchester”
Review of Masala

Masala
Ranked #63 of 136 Restaurants in Dorchester
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very welcoming atmosphere, fantastic food, the staff are attentive without being intrusive. The best curry house around for miles.

1  Thank Jane S

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Visited with friends in summer 2012, lovely curry house. I prefer this one to the others in town.

Lovely service, good value and lovely tasting food. They do good takeway too

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We heard through family that you can't go wrong with 'The Masala'. Well, seeing as we've tried 'Spice at top o town [very nice-I must add]. We thought we'd fancied trying a different Indian restaurant for a change. We must've driven past it up and down the high street never knowing there was an Indian other than top of town!
First impressions when walking inside was more of nuvo than traditional 70's style curry houses with the flock paper look etc. Tastefully done out and very welcoming and so were the staff.

We had a nice table in the corner [it looked like it was the last one left], very busy, so it must be good. We got served pretty quick with drinks and the popudoms and then ordered our main. I must say it did take a while to come [mind you-it was extremely busy and also with take outs]. We got served at about 9.30 with the waiter being very apologetic for the long wait. We weren't too bothered because we had been amusing ourselves till the main arrived. I can certainly vouch for the four of us, that it was the best curry i've tasted in ages and deffinately worth the wait. No wonder they are always full.

By the way, all of our choices of main were fab-I can't name them all, but my buttered chicken was the best i'd had in an Indian resaurant [i'm not including restaurants with take aways]

Reviewed January 23, 2013

After a couple of pints of Purbeck Cider in the Blue Raddle the following curry at Masala was superb. Very good sized portions (enough for a doggy box!) five pickles with the popadoms, excellent service, an all round proper job to make a great evening out in Dorchester.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

OVERALL - 7.5 / 10

One of the best restaurants in town, perhaps a little less intimate than the Rajpoot, better value (probably they and in some ways I prefer it to the Rajpoot - I feel more relaxed here.

Not sure how much of their food would be locally sourced thought - which its rival attempts to do and states so on their menus - however the prices are very good here and I have had no complaints or irritations.

They go out of their to make you welcome and this is appreciated.

They might think about making a little more effort with their interior decoration - i.e. the posters / pictures they have up on their walls and perhaps reduce their rice portions by 25% - otherwise generally its going to be wasted.

Excellent service - well done - would recommend anyone who likes Indian food to visit.