“Never fails to satisfy” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taste Brasserie

Taste Brasserie
Ranked #10 of 122 Restaurants in Dorchester
Cuisines: Cafe, European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dorchester
“Never fails to satisfy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have visited Taste regularly for a number of years; it is definitely my restaurant of choice in Dorchester (and there are plenty to chose from). The staff are always attentive, the food is good, reasonably priced and caters for a variety of tastes and appetites. Give it a go and I am sure that you will be as satisfied as I am.

1 Thank DorsetPeter

Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Tapas evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Yet again a brilliant evening at Taste. The tapas food was the best yet and as always Todd and his team were the best. Thanks guys for another good time. Also still got the best coffee in town.

Linda and Alan

1 Thank Linda C
LMM5768, Owner at Taste Brasserie, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed it, we will do another tapas evening soon, I promise
Peterborough
“Neither fish nor Fowl”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Says its a Cafe (yes) Bistro (maybe) and Restaurant (NO). What a disappointment! We were looking forward to a meal here having eaten regularly at Todd Moffat's restaurant in Stony Stratford (before he left for Dorset). It really is an up market snack bar. There was no cooked fish on the menu nor anything meat other than steak, despite the efforts of a young and enthusiastic waiting staff.

I had the steak,fries and salad (wish I had opted for the mushrooms instead as the salad was awash with olive oil).The steak was requested as medium but turned our to be nearly rare. My spouse opted for the cheese platter (upmarket Ploughmans) which she found acceptable.

As a wine afficionado I was impressed with the short wine list with 2 french,2 italian and 2 NZ wines with 1 each from chile and spain. Price were competitive ranging from £13.95 upwards and the wines from a variety of grapes.

I had a cinamon pastry which was mostly cooked ( my spouse said undercooked). Have read so much about the coffee on these pages I opted for a house coffee. I left over half of it.

Until Mr Moffat puts more "restaurant" dishes on the menu we will not bother to come again, shame really as he is opening up another branch in weymouth next week.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank YeOldOne
LMM5768, Owner at Taste Brasserie, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
THank you for your recent review, I am sorry that we did not impress you, but I feel you are comparing taste to our first restaurant in Stony Stratford, which was a different kettle of fish altogether. we are definitely a Cafe style bistro. please give us another go and try some of our specials or visit me at taste at Chesil Beach
regards Todd Moffat
Dorchester
“A lovely place for a coffee, chat and lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Taste* is a lovely cafe in the center of town. I go here quite often with my friends to meet for lunch or even just a coffee and a catch-up. The staff are always attentative, helpful and really friendly. Prices are reasonable for freshly cooked food and they have a changing specials menu, which keeps lunches interesting. They also accommodate children and pushchairs very easily. The only problem is, that it is so good, it is almost always busy!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Weymouth, England, United Kingdom
“Great place for a coffee or lunch, can well recommend it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Have coffee here every week and sometimes lunch. Not tried evenings.
Food well presented and tasty. Inspirational menus.
Staff v friendly and efficient.
Well recommended