The Wessex Royale Hotel is a comfortable old fashioned establishment. It delivers everything that one could ask for. It is right in the centre of Dorchester and has free parking (limited) you can also park in the street opposite until 8am for free.
Our room (superior double) had a huge comfortable bed, tea and coffee making facilities and free bottled water. The bathroom was good with lots of fluffy towels.
Everything worked, the I staff are very pleasant and helpful it is very clean and well kept.
We had breakfast which was good and freshly cooked and served with a smile.
This hotel is not trendy or flash, it is slightly old fashioned which is part of the charm. We loved it and will use it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wessex Royale Hotel is a delightful Georgian era hotel located in the centre of Dorchester. With classically designed rooms and an excellent central location, The Wessex Royale is ideal for a relaxing break.The Hotel was built in 1756 and features all of the elegance and classic features you would expect from such a property, including fireplaces, panelling and a magnificent grand staircase.Bedrooms display a charming and traditional character with supremely comfortable furnishings to help you feel well rested.All rooms have modern en-suite bathrooms with a bath and power shower, premium digital channels and Wireless Internet connections to help you wind down with “home away from home” comforts and little touches that truly make you feel welcome. The á la carte restaurant is open each evening and offers a variety of traditional and exciting new dishes. The meals on offer are of a consistently excellent standard, making the restaurant popular with guests and locals alike. Fully refurbished with air conditioning, offering a wide range of traditional and new world wines to compliment your meal, you are assured a meal of the highest quality.The Wessex Royale Hotel is a family friendly option near the many activities and attractions in the area, including Maiden Castle, Roman Townhouse, Thomas Hardy’s cottage, the Tutankhamun Exhibition, and Dinosaur Museum.Food and wine aficionados will appreciate the in house restaurant, which offers specialty cuisine, homemade desserts, and an impressive wine list. There is also a locally popular bar and lounge, perfect for afternoon tea or a quick glass of beer. This hotel is a popular venue for weddings and other intimate occasions. Limited free parking is offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Best Western Wessex Royal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minotel Wessex Royale Hotel Dorchester
- Minotel Hotel Wessex Royale
- Minotel Dorchester
- Dorchester Minotel
- Best Western Wessex Royal Hotel Dorchester, Dorset