“Absolutely Great Guest House”

Westwood House Guest House
Ranked #1 of 45 Dorchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We visited the Westwood House last weekend for a flying trip to a friend's wedding. I cannot recommend enough or compliment Tom and his wife more on this great little place to stay!
The rooms are a great size and extremly clean and the breakfasts are to die for. It has a great location in the High Street and nothing is too much trouble for them.
I will be telling all my friends about Westwood House and I will definitely visit again in the future.
Thanks

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Highly recommend this Hotel/ B&B. VERY comfortable bed, nice large king (US size), great location for accessing the Jurassic coast- just a quick 20 minute drive to get to the major landmarks. Excellent location for walking and eating downtown, very friendly service and a really good value. We stayed in room #6 and other similar places we stayed in England typically were 150% more cost.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed at Westwood last weekend, there were four of us, my husband and myself and our two daughters. When we arrived we stopped outside and called Tom, the ownner and he came out took our luggage inside while my husband went to park the car. What a star! one of our cases weighed an absolute ton and he carried both of them right up to the top floor where our rooms were. I was impressed. We had the family rooms which as i said are on the top floor. There are two interconnecting rooms and a bathroom, very clean with really comfy beds although as it is a loft space it is a bit compact and particularly if you are very tall people like us ( i am 5,9 and my husband is 6,5) so it wouldn't be a problem for most people. The breakfast was absolutely lovely and was enhanced by the lovely little cat hanging about, which my daughters enjoyed immensely, There is a lovely living room that we lolled about in after our breakfast for a bit., too and a bookshelf full of books to read. It is close to a shops (not loads but enough to a bit of a sniff round) and a good selection of restaurants and a couple of cinemas. We went to Monkey world (brilliant) and the beach (brilliant) and Harry Ramsdens on bournemouth beach (brilliant), All in all a lovely weekend especially if you get good weather, which we did. The owners are really great people and nothing is too much trouble.I must have rung the little downstairs bell for assistance about a million times and Tom, the owner always appeared in seconds to help me. Highly recommened.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We stayed here weekend just gone, This is a beautiful guest house. Very clean and bright. Room was spotless and the bed was amazingly comfortable. A lot of care has been put into this house. The owners are very helpful and friendly. Not to forget the delicious breakfast which was plentiful. Would definitely return,

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Right on the High Street but this is a lovely tranquil place. The décor is tasteful and everything is absolutely spotless. We had a room at the back overlooking gardens so it was very quiet. The king size bed was huge and the pillows really comfy. The bathroom is large and airy with very big bouncy white towels. The toiletries were good quality even the cotton buds were fat!. Lovely powerful shower. Breakfast was served in the sunny conservatory with a fantastic choice. Mix your own muesli or have yoghurt and fruit. I chose the eggs benedict and they were perfection. Hubby had full English and all produce is locally sourced. They had the biggest selection of marmalade I have ever seen. The resident cat sits in at breakfast and is a delight.
There are lots of real pubs with good food and real ale all within walking distance. Couldn`t find anything negative to say at all. Just lovely.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

A centrally positioned guest house. Owners are welcoming and helpful. Rooms spacious and clean. Excellent breakfast. Downside is no parking but there are car parks near by. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Rooms and breakfast are excellent value for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I was so pleased to find this B&B and had a very comfortable stay. The whole place was spotless and I liked the chic understated decor. My room was right at the top and was really quiet so I had a great sleep in the comfy bed. Breakfast is in a wonderful light and airy glass walled room. The menu was delicious - including smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, and a full English vegetarian breakfast. It is also so conveniently located in the town centre. I highly recommend Westwood House and look forward to a return stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business