My wife and I arrived at The Casterbridge looking forward to a two night 'October Break' package at £89 per night. We were shown to our room (8) on the second floor at the front of the hotel and were not impressed with the very tired looking and dirty decor, bathroom small but fairly clean, water pressure very poor and towel rail fell off when touched. After a sleepless night, due to incessant traffic noise plus an uncomfortable four foot sagging bed, we opened the curtains to find we were overlooked by the premises opposite due to there being no net curtain -however our blushes were saved by the windows having steamed up from attempting to have a shower with a totally inadequate water pressure. The morning light also proved to show up just how tired and grubby the wallpaper etc was and at this point we resolved to cut short our break and move on - had to be up early as hotel only has two parking spaces some distance from it (both occupied) and parking charges apply which proved to be very tiresome as the 50p overnight rate stops at 0800 whereupon meter has to be fed. Checked out after rubbery scrambled egg breakfast and having paid for the second night as a late cancellation fee we headed sadly home. Whilst the young ladies on duty were kind, there appeared to be no senior management on site and our e mail to the owner Mr Curtis, commenting on our unhappy stay remains unanswered after 9 days. Have contacted AA enquiring why this hotel has a 5 star guest accommodation rating which it clearly does not live up to ???
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wsteria clad Georgian town house guest accommodation. Period public rooms and individually decorated rooms. Close to all town attractions and shops as well as restuarants. "Master Chef" winner offers dinner an Friday and Saturday evenings. Prices include Breakfast. We are now open for Afternoon Tea in our beautiful lounge! Perfect for a family or friends catch up! Buisness buffet lunches Select a platter buffet option from 4 up to 24 persons. available Monday to Friday lunch times Non-residents breakfast Try our fabulous Full English Breakfast. Fruit juice, cereals, fruit selection, Eggs bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomato, toast tea or coffee. Price per person. Bookings advised. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com and SpeedyBooker.com so you can book your The Casterbridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Casterbridge Hotel Dorchester
- Casterbridge Hotel Dorchester
- The Casterbridge Dorchester, Dorset