Fools on this site who gives this hotel one star because they missed their breakfast. If you're not told breakfast times, you can of course ask. Another reviewer states that the bathroom was one metre by one metre. Are you sure that you're not getting 'bathroom' confused with 'shower cubicle'? Another who insists that the room was 'absolutely tiny'. Did you want to throw a party in there? Still, the number of five star reviews has to speak loudest and I would concur with them although we should take into account that some of the unfavourable reviews may apply to the previous management.
Our recent stay in this hotel proved to be extremely pleasant and very enjoyable, with our hosts being both friendly and helpful. The room was perfectly adequate and the bed very comfortable. Our room overlooked the street and with the window open, it was a bit noisy on Saturday night.
The breakfasts were without doubt the highlight with pretty well everything being available to allow you to get stoked up for the day. And I mean for the day. Fruit, juices, cereals, yoghurt, cooked and toast. Good coffee too.
Take heed of the five star reviews but be aware that this probably isn't a five star hotel by the standards of those who rate such properties with over blown criteria or by those who expect a swimming pool, fitness suite and Jacuzzi. This hotel is not ostentatious but it is characterful and this to me is far more appealing. If you like the sound of it, go for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wsteria clad Georgian town house guest accommodation. Period public rooms and individually decorated rooms. Close to all town attractions and shops as well as restuarants. "Master Chef" winner offers dinner an Friday and Saturday evenings. Prices include Breakfast. We are now open for Afternoon Tea in our beautiful lounge! Perfect for a family or friends catch up! Buisness buffet lunches Select a platter buffet option from 4 up to 24 persons. available Monday to Friday lunch times Non-residents breakfast Try our fabulous Full English Breakfast. Fruit juice, cereals, fruit selection, Eggs bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomato, toast tea or coffee. Price per person. Bookings advised. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Casterbridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Casterbridge Hotel Dorchester
- Casterbridge Hotel Dorchester
- The Casterbridge Dorchester, Dorset