“Lovely thai!”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

As well as the food as the owners are very pleasant! We've been.there for three times now and all time the staff was very friendly and the food was delicious! especcially the main.courses are delicious!
It's a very small restaurant so if you want to be sure you can eat over there, you better make a reservation.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We have eaten at the Thai Nakorn on numerous occasions and everytime the staff have been very welcoming and we have had a fabulous meal with excellent service. We have taken several friends including a Thai friend and all have been well impressed with the authentic flavours of the food. Highly recommended!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

This place is brilliant. Came with my family - 6 of us in total on a Sunday evening. We had 2 shared platters for starters - the vegetarian one as interesting as the meat version. We were all happy with our mains - I had honey and garlic chicken which was awesome and not too spicy. Just right. There was no-one to meet us as we came in, but it really didn't matter as we went straight to the service bar. The staff were polite and helpful and we will definitely be coming back again. Dorchester often fails on the lack of variety in cultural foods, but this place does something to bring a bit of diversity to the Dorset taste buds, without breaking the bank. Thank you.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

The food at the Thai Nakoran is consistently excellent. The service is excellent and the staff welcoming and delightful in every aspect. we love the atmosphere and authentic Thai cooking. The food is light and fresh, the flavours tickling the taste buds. If you are ever stuck for what to try the delightful Kitty will ask you a few questions about what flavours you prefer, meat fish etc and select the perfect meal for you time after time.

If you haven't been you really are missing an absolute gem in Hardy country, give it a try, you won't regret it.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have travelled extensively throughout Thailand and love the culture, food and people. Thai Nakorn encapsulates everything I love about Thailand, in the heart of the English countryside in Dorset, negating the necessity to spend 12 hours on an aeroplane when I want to experience real Thai food.

On entering the restaurant we were welcomed by a warm ‘sawatdee’ and ‘wai’ from the Thai waitress, and shown to our table. The decor in the restaurant is beautifully executed, with authentic beautifully carved tables imported all the way from Thailand, and a little Buddhist shrine behind the bar. The atmosphere is very relaxed and calming, such a great venue to a special night out. This is not a Disneyland type theme park interpretation of what a Thai restaurant is like, it's the real thing run by Thai people.
The service is attentive without giving the feeling that you are being rushed; personally I like to enjoy my food and take my time eating. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble to the staff, I felt genuinely welcomed and they really seemed to care about us and made us feel very special.

The food is of outstanding quality, the menu is remarkably extensive given the size of the restaurant, and all of the dishes we tried were absolutely delicious. The portion sizes were just right for me, and beautifully decorated with a butterfly carved from a swede, and flower from a carrot! I thought the prices were competitive for the quality of the food and our experience at the restaurant.

This will become my 'go to' restaurant for special occasions in the future, can't wait until my next visit!