“Almost excellent”

No 6 Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 129 Restaurants in Dorchester
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: No 6 is just a stone's throw away from the town centre - come along, sit outside and sip an aperitif with some juicy, marinated olives. Order your Buckland Newton venison steak, Lyme Bay kings scallops or the freshly delivered Gurnard and indulge yourself with an exceptional dessert. Even, if you are in for a short lunch, there is plenty on the menu to get your taste buds going.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Almost excellent”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We have been here 3 times in the last 3 weeks plus several times in the last year, had we made this review before the latest visit an overall of "excellent" would have been the result, but the last experience was not quite to the same high standard. However without doubt still fantastic value for money and a wonderful overall evening out in Dorchester.
We prefer to be seated at the front of house, the room at the back is rather enclosed and doesn't have the same atmosphere. On all occasions the seafood has been wonderful, in comparison the venison not up to expectation but never the less OK. All the people you come into contact with at No 6 are very welcoming and have one goal; and that is to please. A rare commodity in these parts.
We wont let the negatives of our last visit outweigh all the very positive attributes that Number 6 and the Staff have to offer and will be back again very soon. Excellent value!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank nantillo

Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Top class food in relaxed surroundings”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This chef owned restaurant really specialises in fish dishes although all tastes are catered for. All the food is sourced locally and freshly prepared and is an absolute delight. My husband and I were very pleasantly surprised by the sheer quality of the dishes we selected. The staff were warmly welcoming and helpful and I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant to anyone wanting excellent food in comfortable surroundings.

• Visited November 2012
Weymouth, Dorset
“No 6 Restaurant, Dorchester”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I arrived a little early, before 7pm and wanted to wait for a friend. I wasn't even sure that the restaurant would be open so early, but I was warmly welcomed and a request for an initial cup of tea was speedily followed.
I had been here in the past, but never, ever, has the place been buzzing so much. Every table was occupied and, even though there was a huge function taking place in a side room, our service was always quick and with a smile. At no point were we made to feel that we should be vacating our table or rushed in any way.
The food was nicely presented, pleasantly hot (not so much that it would burn your mouth) and when I requested vegetables with my main course, which ordinarily comes with salad, I was actually given both with additional charge.
I would definitely recommend No 6 as a wonderful place for a meal out and well done everyone there!

• Visited October 2012
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great restaurant owned and run by a good chef and his wife. Usually have to book as it is so popular.

Visited May 2012
Sydney, Australia
“A hidden Gem”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I found this little gem by chance while googling Restaurants in Dorchester while holidaying recently. It was a real find. The service and the food was fantastic. I had the best fillet steak I have ever eaten! It was really 'melt in the mouth' steak. Fabulous. The staff were very friendly and took the time to explain the meals we were interested in and could actually speak with confidence about the cheeses on the cheese plate. Would recommend it to anyone seeking a 'fine dining' experience in Dorchester.
Catherine from Sydney