A pub with rooms in an adjacent building. The room was well appointed and being in an old building had odd corners and ceilings.
We had a skylight looking onto other roofs - disappointing view
The lobby has wellies and umbrellas for guests to use
Breakfast is in the dining room of the pub - it was good with very well sourced ingredients and nicely presented
Apparently the pub does good meals but we did not get a chance to try this out
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2012 this is Dorset's Dining Pub of the Year twice in the past three years. Handsome 18th century coaching inn in one of England's prettiest villages, full of thatched cottages with a trout stream running through. Mentioned in Thomas Hardy's novels and the setting for Hollywood films of his work.Six newly refurbished bedrooms, dvds, ipod docks, proper pillows and duvets, wellies for bad weather and an award winning restaurant just across the car park from our stable block rooms.Families positively welcomed and we'll make you something to eat no matter what time you arrive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Book Direct Rooms and Travelocity so you can book your The Greyhound Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greyhound Hotel Dorchester
- The Greyhound Inn Dorchester, Dorset