“Warm welcome - Just like home :-))”

Bramlies Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 45 Dorchester B&B and Inns
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome - Just like home :-))”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

on arrival I was given a truly loverly welcome by Sue. The room was easily accessable, and very private. It was warm, extremely clean & just what I was after.
I didn't stay for breakfast but im sure it would of been fantastic .
Definitely will be back :-))
Parking the car was simple, plenty of room.

Room Tip: we had a room in the extention (out back) ... this gave a lot of privacy as we had our own entrance...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is a really lovely place to stay in Dorset run by a very friendly and hospitable couple. The decor is gorgeous and the rooms spacious - the only snag was that the bathroom was really small and the water didn't taste very nice when I tried making a cup of tea.
The breakfast was also very good.

Room Tip: Get the Double !
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Having stayed at Bramlies 5 times now, including the majority of February. I can highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast. I stayed mainly in the annexe rooms which I found extremely cosy, warm and comfortable with all facilities readily available. A lovely warm welcome from both Sue and Adie. Location is ideal for me it is between Poundbury (where my father lives) and Dorchester town is a 10 minute walk. During my 4 week stay in February, Bramlies was undergoing some renovation so I stayed on a room only basis as Sue had no kitchen. I visited The Old Tearooms for breakfast which is just a 10 minute walk from Bramlies at the top of Dorchester High Street. I have had breakfast on my last visit and I found there was a wide choice of menu and I enjoyed a very tasty full English breakfast. The garden area is lovely. Previously, my stays here have been in the winter months. I am looking forward to the warmer weather so that I can sit outside with a glass of wine in the evening! See you both soon. Best Wishes Barbara.

• Stayed April 2013
Airdrie, Scotland
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Just back from long weekend in Dorchester where I stayed at Bramlies. Cannot recommend it enough. I stayed in one of the annex rooms which I found to be very cosy, well presented and provided everthing I could possibly need during my stay. Did not find the sheets in anyway damp! In fact, the bed was very comfy! At night it was so quiet and peacful.

As others have mentioned, Sue and Aidie are very welcoming. There if you need them but didnt bother you otherwise. The breakfast choice was fab, especially for someone like me who struggles with full english. Sue, the scambled eggs and crispy bacon are amazing!

I found the location perfect. Having previously stayed in a place closer to town with no parking which was a right pain, Bramlies is well set up for several cars. On this occasion however I didnt have my car but enjoyed the walk into town each day.

On my next visit to Dorchester I wont bother spending time ploughing through search engines, I wont hesitate to book Bramlies. Hopefully next time will be able to take advantage of the lovely garden!

Thanks again Sue and Adie.

Ann j

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
London
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My room was in a garden shed. The room and sheets were damp so I ended up coughing my lungs out for 15 min once I got into the bed. The room might be nice in summer but a space like that left unheated for some time during winter time is not a good idea. I also felt the decoration let the room down. Dark colours don't work well in small spaces.
The breakfast was nice and the owners friendly. The B&B is a little remote from the city centre.
I feel it was generally overpriced.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main house.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MedsetLondon
Red Bay
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I really enjoyed staying at Bramlies. My Nana and i came from America and were made to feel at home. They are really nice and helpful people. I highly recommend it to others to stay there. They keep it nice and Clean there and have really really good cooking.

Room Tip: i stayed in the blue room and it was very nice for two people. they dont have a fitness center or sw...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights during November when most of the West Country was lashed with rainstorms. My room wasn't huge but was very comfortable. The new shower delivered a deluge of lovely hot water. All amenities were provided. The owners couldn't have been more helpful or welcoming, helping to dry shoes and boots and to ensure that we were warm and comfortable.
The breakfast was excellent. I really enjoyed my stay and wouldn't hesitate to rebook.

• Stayed November 2012