“Absolutely disgusting!!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating
Description: The old Ship Inn
“Absolutely disgusting!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Hello, firstly I'd like to point out the complete lack of view toward the paying customers!! He refused to serve me because I had ginger hair. Secondly the toilets are covered in muck the floor and on the walls It's disgusting! I would never recommend the ship in for any food or drink as the service you get is appalling!! Worst pub in Dorset.

3 Thank lancemaverick

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Bar food (just passing through)”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Cheese & Pickle baguette advertised on 'A' board outside, £3.10. Choice of "Chips" or "Salad" as an accompaniment offered at point of order. Saturday lunch-time.

Bread stale, warmed through to disguise its age, filled with grated cheddar cheese. Served with a thimble-full of Branston and few Doritos. The bread had evidently become broken in two overnight, the pieces now arranged at an artistic angle to make a feature of that issue. Leathery bread, tastless cheese, Doritos with no dip are just Doritos. The tastiest item was the pickle. Yes, I should have complained at the time and normally would, but then you'd have had no idea, or warning, that The Old Ship Inn at Dorchester sells duff bar food.

1 Thank Philip R
Southampton, United Kingdom
“The Old Ship Inn, Dorchester”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

When we arrived , had a warm welcome from Landlady, the drinks were very good and priced very reasonable.
Food was freshly made and good portioned.
The local customers were happy with the new landlord's management and that is a credit to him.
I highly recommend the Old Ship Inn, in Dorchester.

• Visited July 2013
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
“The chips are good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We ordered pie and chips, and pie and salad. We got pie and chips twice. After pointing the out the discrepancy we got some salad. Good so far. We had to ask for dressing for the salad.
Both pies had been micro-waved (beef and ale, and three cheese since you ask), consequently the pastry was not good.
The service was good but the lager was warm - in this day and age!
The pub next door was being refurbished, next time we go there.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Stewarth99
Romsey, United Kingdom
“Watch this space”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Description says "Dorchester's newest Diner....... It offers you a fantastic selection of burgers, hot dogs, ribs and plenty more". Well I went in here in with my son on a sunny Saturday lunchtime, it was very empty. The menu was very limited and the selection of burgers was chicken or chicken as they had no beef, thought about fish &chips but they had no fish, so my son had a chicken burger. Fancied a salad myself, chicken or chicken on the menu but they did say I could have tuna and lettuce if I wanted. Settled for chicken wings and side salad. Menu had no imagination at all, apparently they were "between menu's" and this was the winter one. We sat in the garden, table was dirty (they did clean it when asked) garden felt a bit like a carpark. The new owner (started yesterday), was really friendly, very apologetic and probably cannot be blamed for the pub's faults. He has a new menu starting soon, will be in control of stock (so no running out!) and he has plans for the garden which sound really good. There were flower pots and newly planted flowers and I do think this is a place to watch out for as the food was very very good, so was the service and the staff all friendly and welcoming. The inside of the pub was clean, as were the toilets and it was very good value. I will be be returning just to see what he achieves, I hope he manages to pull some customers from weatherspoons.

• Visited June 2013