“Great Value, Great spot”
Review of Hotel Riviera

Hotel Riviera
Ranked #38 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The staff were very helpful and friendly right off the bat. We stayed for one night in the coldest weekend in March in 50 years. The hotel was clean, the indoor pool was small but amazing with the kids (pool was warm, and pretty much had it all to ourselves). It completely exceeded my expectations and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank SteffyK

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I decided to write a review when my girlfriend and I were sitting in the bar area listening to live music. We had just finished our 3 course meal and relaxing with our bottle of bubbly. I had taken her out to celebrate Valentines Day. I was looking for somewhere different that wasn't fully booked. I found the hotel on Google and found they were advertising special valentine day meals. At this point I should say that we did not stay over night and we t to the Hotel just for the meal. I based all my scores on my experience that night and scored the rooms a 3 as I could not say if they were good or bad.
Arriving at the hotel we parked up with no problem of finding a parking space. We were greeted by the receptionist who was mind and helpful. As we were early we had a drink in the bar first and then when we were ready we went to the restaurant. It was a nice change from having to be at your table on time and instantly relaxed us.

The meal was brilliant. The food looked amazing I will add a photo. It tasted pretty good too. My girlfriend loved it. It is not often she has 3 courses. The staff left us to it but were always close by so when we were ready or required something they were there.

After dinner we decided to hang around and head back to the bar. It was such an enjoyable evening. It turned from a meal out to an evening out.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mark S
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We sprung a surprise trip for our children to this hotel. From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel welcome. Even the trainee that served us first went above and beyond. From Reception to the bar, all the staff were attentive and happy to help. One of them (we assumed was the Manager) was always on hand. A receptionist who was going off duty, returned to the desk to take a room service phone call whilst her colleague was helping us. We were asked 4 times during breakfast whether everything was ok and if we needed anything more. The children loved playing table tennis, giant Jenga, skittles and pool and were thrilled to go swimming. The rooms were clean and tidy. The only issue we had was the music in the evening. The children slept through it but I couldn't. Thankfully it stopped at 11.30. Would certainly recommend. A 3 star hotel with 5 star customer service!

Room Tip: Try not to be above the bar!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Debbie B
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed here for our first holiday together and was really good, excellent service threw out the stay, the food was brilliant and had a great choice on the menu. Did not stay for the entertainment in the evening as walking on the sea front was more to what we wanted, watching the sun set every evening was the highlight. Really friendly staff and could not off asked for more. This was as it was in 2002 and on the point I would stay again if it was to the same standard.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pete N
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Myself & a group of friends arranged a Christmas party at the Riviera, it was a set price for a 4 course meal.....the food was delicious & the staff attentive.
We then had a disco along with other groups from different company's until 1am & we all throughly enjoyed ourselves.
We had booked a double room as didn't want to worry about getting taxi's home & our room was clean, modern & no complaints at all.
We had breakfast the next morning which was buffet style & you help yourself.....there was plenty of choice & was very nice.
All in all a great evening....lovely room & fab breakfast to set us up on our day, we will most def be back & I would def recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank jogiles2103
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our second visit for the Herts & Beds Submariners Association Turkey & Tinsel mini break. An attractive hotel on the seafront with a lovely little garden and breathtaking views of the sea.
Great location within 10 minutes walk of Bournemouths gardens and town centre.
The customer service at the Riviera is excellent.
We were a large party of guests of over 50 people with varying ages and requirements and the staff managed admirably with everyones needs, really going out of their way to make everyones stay as pleasurable as humanly possible.
The food is lovely, fantastic chef who really knows his stuff. Ample portions which delights me as I do like a healthy plate of food. Everything I ate was extemely tasty, lovely fresh produce and all homemade!
Breakfast is gorgeous, lovely thick bacon and delicious quality sausages, plentiful supplies of toast, tea, coffee and thats ontop of the fruit juices, cereals, fresh melon and if thats not enough there lots of other options available, including kippers, indeed the breakfast of kings!
Cream teas available with home made scones, simply gorgeous.
A range of freshly made sandwiches and lunch options are also available and can be enjoyed in the large comfortable lounge, the bar area or balcony which has stunning views of the sea.
Delicious 4 course dinners are served in the downstairs dining room with a lovely outlook over the small but pretty hotel garden.
The hotel has a lovely hall and stairway running up through the middle with beautiful wooden balastrade, and the rooms are set over four floors, there is a small lift also for those guest less able to make the stairs.
The rooms are in need of updating, however they are very warm and homey with very comfortable beds, they are kept spotlessly clean and equipped with everything you need, more than ample storage, all the usual suspects like hairdryer and tea/coffee making facitlies, television with freeview so lots of channels to choose from, adaquate bathroom facilties with a great shower (which wins points everytime in my book!).
Rooms cleaned, restocked with clean towels etc and beds made each morning.
I would recommend trying to get a room with a sea view as the views are totally breathtaking.
Overall a fantastic hotel which I recommend wholeheartedly, I certainly can't wait till my next visit!
Special thanks to Sally for her wonderful hospitality, Mark the chef who cooks a fantastic plate of food and Sam the waiter. A credit to the service industry!

Room Tip: Would definately recommend room with a sea view as the views are beautiful.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank lilgreenstripeyfrog
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have just returned from another great weeks stay in Bournemouth at the Hotel Riviera. What can I say apart from fab, fab, fab, fab. Hotel, food, room staff. The view from the room was outstanding. The weather was even kind for the whole week. We have stayed in Bournemouth many times and about 4 times at this hotel. It still remains to be our favourite. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and the owner John is one of the most friendly Hoteliers you will meet. Can't waitto return next year.

Room Tip: Well worth having a sea view room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple