“Very Italian!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Another fabulous evening at Ristorante Barolo. Always worth booking - when we walking in at 6.30 there were only a couple of other people there, by 9.00 it was very busy! I had the melanzane alla parmigiana to start - absolutely lush - followed by linguine picante. The food was freshly cooked and very tasty. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and will return. The only slight difficulty is that one waiter is so Italian he doesn't speak much English. Several times he tried to take our order and had to go away to get a colleague to do it for him!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Visited this restuarant on our recent visit to Bournemouth for the first time on Fathers Day and then on 7 or 8 times during our visit. It was a good place to meet all our family in Bournemouth during our visit. Also try their lasagne and steaks done to perfection. It is only a short taxi ride from central Bournemouth in the Winton area of Bournemouth. Better than most resturants in Bournemouth

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I went with my parents for a meal mid week in the evening. Not many customers there but the Staff and Manager were very friendly and courteous. Service was excellent and meal was also excellent. At the end my Father paid cash for the meal including a tip. The waiter took the entire amount away from the table then returned to query. My Father had mistakenly included 2 £20 notes that were stuck together and the waiter gave him the extra back though he could easily have said nothing. Staff integrity excellent. This was my first visit here but we will be going back!!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

They don't do just Pizza to be fair, but honestly, the Best Pizza you could wish for is here. Crispy base every time. Excellent generous toppings, and the service is excellent too.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We ate here on a Friday night. The place was busy. The owner is charming....the waiting staff less so......not terrible, just not great. My husband, who always seems to fare better at times like this, had the Whitebait and the veal and was very happy with them. I, on the other hand, had two specials, the scallop starter and the seafood linguine, both dishes were overcooked. Desserts were fine, as was the coffee. The choice of wines were very good, we had a glass of white each, both were very good. Nice atmosphere, friendly customers...I think it could get very noisy if there were a couple of groups in. Convenient local restaurant .

1  Thank Sheron B