“Sardines in a can.”

Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I really enjoy my visits to this wonderful night spot, but then it seems so does half the town. Whenever I'm there, I feel sure I leave several pounds lighter (and I do not mean financially!).

Thank Reverend Richar... d

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Came here for a few cocktails and mocktails (or 20) to start off a lovely evening out. The atmosphere was great and the service was fast and efficient. The guys behind the bar were very polite and accomodating (even when I asked for a coffee). We were there during the 2-4-1 period, so was well worth the money. Even though it was very busy we were still served in a timely manner.

Great atmosphere and classy cocktail bar - Would highly recommend.

2  Thank Zaie
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We ate here in the evening, perfect for an early dinner before a show at the BIC. Our food was really good, I had a goats cheese salad followed by chicken breast in a divine sauce with dauphinoise potatoes. Waiter was slightly cocky but helpful all the same. Would recommend but would ask them to turn the heating up at 6pm, we were cold!

1  Thank kestrelsmith14
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Went for an evening meal with my wife, the food was amazing, the cocktails even better and the live music was second to none. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a nice relaxed evening out, and if you aren't looking for a relaxed evening start off with 1812 then you could always pop next door to Bar So. Perfect.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to 1812.
As you walk down a long bar on the ground floor of the hotel, right at the back is where the restaurant is situated. Very small and personal, around 10 tables I would guess.
We were shown to our table, promptly seen to drinks and looked over the menu.
The starter I decided on was pink duck & lentils. This dish was very nice but would of been much nicer hot rather than cold.
Our waiter seemed very sure of himself & spoke to us about the dishes before us deciding.
For mains I had the sea bass. It was really tasty!
I would say the portions could be a bit bigger for the price you pay. Also the menu on the website is different to what is actually in the restaurant.
A lot of the desert choices seem to be 'de-constructed' which to me sounds like it has just been laid on a plate with no effort in it. I had the deconstructed rhubarb Eton Mess. It was really nice but yet again was very small portion.
Alcohol is pricey & defiantly bumps up the price of your bill.
Enjoyable meal & nice evening out.