“Great cocktails, mediocre food”

1812 Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 796 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I loved the selection of cocktails but the food was pretty average and I felt overpriced for what it was. All in all though, good atmosphere and central location.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Well, I loved the mojito! They have a very good selection of cocktails for Happy hours and many many other in general.
I only stayed until 9pm and had only mojitos. £3.50 each (£7 after 7pm) They were huge so if I paid £7 for each, I would mind either. Very good selection of spirits.
I suggest the mojito with Pampero rum brown one and ask the bartender for extra sugar (liquid! yes!) I would go again for sure and surely recommend as well!
Nice venue, clean toilets. Didnt try food. A suggesting would eb to have more snacks available. They only have pistachios and they are pricey!

1  Thank Andreayala
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had booked a meal at this restaurant for a large group of us purely from searching on TripAdvisor and I wasn't disappointed. Nadia, the manager was friendly and helpful in sending over details of the menu for us to make our selection prior to the night, and despite the numbers in our party changing, this was no problem whatsoever. The food was superb quality and we only left clean plates! It was great value for money too. I would finally add that all staff who served our group on the night in both the restaurant and bar afterwards were professional and helpful throughout the evening. I don't live in Bournemouth, though some of my party do and they've all said they'd be coming back in future.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Brilliant atmosphere, lovely decor! Friendly staff, and fantastic cocktails. Also if you ask them for something specific that you like, they'll make it too!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

this is a stylish looking restaurant situated at the back of a bar. we had a great meal here on a Friday night, all three courses were very nice. it wasn't a particularly busy night and to be honest we felt a bit rushed through our first two courses, however after asking for a bit of time before ordering dessert staff were understanding and left us to enjoy the wine for a while. the only thing I wasn't too happy about was the noise coming from the bar area, there were a few lively groups gathered in there drinking - I would have preferred it if the doors at the entrance to the restaurant had been shut... but then I am at bit over fussy about noisy restaurants so I wont mark 1812 down for this.