“Rushed, poorly managed.”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The whole experience was rushed and hurried. Very cool place and could be so much more, food was cold and to add insult they over charged us by £20.

1  Thank Mark B

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Excellent food, service and big, quirky venue (Could be a bit noisy for some).
We each had 3 courses:
Starters: 1. Duck and mango rillettes 2. Scallops. Tasty but small portions of well balanced, well presented food.
Mains: 1. Sea bass fillet 2. Sea bream fillet. Both small -but again well balanced and well presented.
Desserts: 1. Pannacotta 2. Treacle tart -ditto above!
Chilean Sauvignon Blanc house wine.
We had a really lovely meal with excellent service from the point of arrival.
This will certainly be a place we'll return to!

1  Thank JandJPoole
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I had a meal at The Print Room on Wednesday evening. We've been there several times and although the dishes are small we always enjoy what we order. The service was friendly and efficient, and the starters and main courses we chose were very good, but the dessert was a real disappointment. I chose the Warm Rice Pudding which I was looking forward to but unfortunately when it arrived it was a cereal bowl full of a glutinous slightly-undercooked mess with some gritty pomegranate seeds sprinkled over. I tried to eat some of it but found it impossible to finish. I spent the rest of the night feeling queasy with a solid lump in my stomach and indigestion. I don't think we'll be returning in the near future which is a pity as The Print room has always been one of our favourite restaurants.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have been to The Print Room several times since moving here.
It is our favourite restaurant when taking out friends visiting us in Bournemouth.
Everybody can find something they like on the Menu and so far nobody has been disappointed.

1  Thank Richard P
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We went 2 weeks ago on an Elite Voucher. Greeted well on arrival and seated quickly along with our 2 glasses of prosecco. A lovely waitress took our order. I ordered lobster and chips with a £10 supplement as my main. Starters arrived small but okay. 35 minutes later mains arrived a steak and pasta with lobster? and some awful brown sauce! The waitress said she had put through the wrong order which I did not believe. It really was an awful dish and I think they had no lobster. The steak was okay. No one around to speak to as we left except our waitress.
The room is great and years ago they had a good chef. Such a shame for a restaurant that has such a wow factor.I will not be going back unless I hear someone else has taken over.

1  Thank DooleyLondon