“A good mix = Shopping + Taste Card + Print Room”
Review of The Print Room - CLOSED

The Print Room
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Once again we returned to the Print Room on a Saturday lunchtime. And our proven equation is illustrated by the heading. One of our guests from London described his fishcakes crowned with a runny poached egg as "perfect". The rest of us were happy too. It won't be long before we return.

2  Thank dorsetgourmet

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We went to The Print Room for a hen do, there was a very large party of us and the service was fantastic. Food was delicious and very reasonable. The best bit was the atmosphere and decor in the restaurant it was fantastic!

2  Thank ClaireeeD
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Some family and I visited the Print Room on Saturday the 29th November for a 29th birthday dinner. Toilets were covered in sick by 8pm, our table was booked for 7:45 but we didn't receive our starters til 9:30, service was terrible, food was cold and undercooked, and the manager (James) was rude to the birthday girl when she questioned the level of service.

For seven of us, the meal came to £278. It was expensive for what it was. I had duck breast (which was cold) served on a pile of very undercooked (if at all cooked?) beans, apparently straight out of a Green Giant tin. The birthday girl had a butternut squash risotto, and her mother had a pea risotto. Other than the colour, there was no difference between the two dishes and we struggled to tell the difference between the two when tasting them. They were both cold, watery, and grainy - with undercooked vegetables (peas or squash) in both. No one checked our meal to see if there was a problem at any stage through dinner.

When the birthday girl questioned the level of service received vs what we were expected to pay, she was told abruptly by James, the manager, that there was nothing he could do about it as the transaction had already gone through (the card machine was only just being set up at this stage, no transaction had gone through). At one point, James walked up to our table, saw that there were plates and glasses needed clearing, and promptly walked off again and shut himself in his office. When I questioned his attitude towards the birthday girl, he was extremely rude to me and told me that "he would never say there was nothing he could do to one of his customers" - I heard him say it - and that if we wanted to complain we would have to come back another day.

Unfortunately for James and his crew at the Print Room, my work Christmas Party was booked there for December. There would have been nearly 60 of us... And we're cancelling the whole lot.

1  Thank Fiona F
WestBeachBournemouth, Public Relations Manager at The Print Room, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor. It is our policy at The Print Room to deal with each comment properly and on an individual basis. We take all comments extremely seriously and would therefore like to speak with you personally in regard to this matter. Please would you contact us on the following email address info@theprintroom-bournemouth.co.uk Kind regards, The Print Room Team

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

My friend booked this venue for a hen party meal thinking we could expect top quality service and food, but we were very disapointed!! We arrived on time and they told us we were an hour late! This was there error!! After our starter we waited over an hour for our main course!!! Then another 45 mins for our deserts (chocolate brownie) which was brought to us cold!!! So that had to be sent back!! Everyone wanted to go home and was annoyed and frustrated! So the hen ate her brownie hard and cold as she had her lift home waiting. All in all it was a disaster!! Thanks print room for messing up our lovely Karen's hen do meal!!!

2  Thank Zwizzla

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We ate here as a couple. The restaurant is in what used to be the print works for the Bournemouth Echo. They have done a great job, giving it a very 30/40's feel.Starters - we both had scallops,which were good, if a little cold. Mains we had steak. For myself the ribeye which I enjoyed & it was cooked as I had asked. My partner had the fillet at £24.50. Described as accompanied by steamed cabbage, I had to question this & was told that the 3 tiny bits of pak choi waas indeed the steamed cabbage. Other than that it came with half a potato under the steak & a few miniature carrots. For £24.50 it should have been served with a dish of veg I feel. My partner had to order some fries at extra cost to feel he had had a proper meal.However, it was all good & well cooked & both mains were hot. For dessert I chose the honeycomb & toffee apple cheesecake which was home made, light & delicious, while my partner had the cheeseboard.For the above, 2 pints & 2 cokes the bill was £88.
The service was very good, but I felt it was a little over priced for what you got.

1  Thank mamahen46