“Super sweet”

The Chocolate Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 133 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 4, 2009

We stayed for two nights - the theme of chocolate was fun and continued throughout the hotel. Of course, we'd have liked a bit more chocolate in the room when we arrived, but we did have about 10 pieces or so (oink, oink). Roo, the owner, makes this place fantastic. She is a delightful and caring host. Only suggestion would be to upgrade the cleaning staff as they did not change our sheets one night or adequately clean up. This was surprising because the hotel is very clean througout.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Chocolate Boutique Hotel

Reviewed March 24, 2009

I have just stayed at the chocolate hotel as part of a hen weekend. I didn't organise the Hen Do so can't comment on the booking process. However, I was really impressed with the hotel when I arrived.

The hotel had a very homely feel, helped by the lovely plush carpets throughout. We had booked a number of rooms, mostly on the top floor. The rooms are all chocolate themed, and there were dishes of chocolates in all which were refreshed each day.

The rooms varied in size and layout, but that is because the building is old. I was in a room which was in the eaves, so the bathroom was small and you couldn't stand up in the bath. However, for me that added to the charm of the place. Some of the other rooms had walk-in showers which looked lovely. All the rooms had flat screen TV's with freeview and IPod Docking Speakers. The beds were really comfy and there was plenty of wardrobe and drawer space for your clothes if you wanted to use it.

As part of the weekend package we took part in the Chocolate workshop on the Saturday, where we had great fun making our own truffles. The workshop was relaxed, well run and very informative.

The lady who helped us in the hotel (not sure if she was the owner) was really helpful and drove a group of us into town on the Friday evening to save our feet in high heels! She didn't take a penny from us. She was also very accomodating letting us chill champagne in her fridges, even though we didn't buy from the hotel. Breakfasts on both days were freshly cooked and lots of choice available. I had full english on both days.

The location of the hotel was great. 5 minutes from main centre, although a steep climb back up the hill! (But thats just Bournemouth for you). There was parking on site.

All in all I was very impressed with this hotel. Good service makes such a difference and some people don't always like accomodating hen do's. We were made to feel very welcome and I would recommend this hotel again for a similar situation.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2008

me and my daughter stayed two nights lovely room we booked to have chocolate fountain in our room great choice lovely fresh fruit and fudge to dip in all weekend we also did the chocolate workshop great fun and lots of truffles to take home host were very friendly lovely breakfast all in all our stay was great also went to two wonderfull resturant the best one called the print room eileen julie castles

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed October 20, 2008

I attended a conference in Bournemouth recently and found this hotel to be very welcoming and accommodating.
I had to send some faxes to the office which they did free of charge.
My wake-up call was on time (I've stayed in big corporate hotels which have let me down on this).
They also let me come back to the hotel and do some work in the lounge in the afternoon even though I'd already checked out.
The room was very comfortable and everything worked.
The breakfast was lovely and so even though it was a very stressful conference for me, the accommodation was a complete haven.
The location of the hotel is good for the Bournemouth International Conference centre - approx 8 min walk.
I only used a taxi back from the conference centre once and the walk was a good stress-buster!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 19, 2008

I stayed here Friday and Saturday night in The Montezuma Suite for my boyfriend's birthday. The room was lovely, spacious and had wonderful furniture and decor. The bed was comfortable, as was the sofa. There were even a range of DVDs in the room! Very homely! The chocolate shaped hotels in the room were a nice little treat and we were very pleased with our room.

When we checked in, we were greeted by Gerry, who was very friendly and helpful. First impressions of the hotel were very good, it was immacutely clean and well furnished.

Breakfast was lovely too, Roo was friendly and helpful. The freshly cooked breakfast order was great as was the buffet choice.

We also took part in the chocolate workshop - which was great fun! I would highly recommend this! We made loads of chocolate truffles to take home and the whole experience was wonderful.

Overall, the hotel and staff were lovely, the location was excellent (5 minute walk from the town centre). I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for accomodation in the Bournemouth area.

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed September 30, 2008

I stayed for two nights in the single "Cocoa Bean" room and really liked the hotel. The owners were very friendly and helpful (on getting back I realised I'd left my mobile in a restaurant and he gave me his to call it and check it was there still) but without being over the top. The room was small (as described) but clean and fine for just me for two nights. The chocolate left in the room was lovely, as was the breakfast. I'd definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2008

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Joan O