“Standard B &B”

The Chocolate Boutique Hotel
Ranked #7 of 134 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 8, 2013

After reading all the trip advisor reviews I think I was expecting something pretty amazing, but really just found a standard B&B instead. A little bit tired on the outside of building, room was ok, but nothing special. I agree staff were pleasant and breakfast was very nice, but I'm not sure I would call it a "boutique hotel" . I think that just enables people to charge more than a standard B&B price to be honest. Saw some chocolate buttons on the reception counter, but expected a large chocolate fountain to be going as it was last weekend of month. All in all just ok for me - sorry !

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Porgie40

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed here in order to run the Bournemouth Marathon, perfectly located to get back to after finishing.
Wonderful friendly service from the team led by Polly, who I personally believe couldn't have done a better job. Nothing was too much trouble and every request was greeted with a smile.
Stayed in room 11 and had literally one of the best nights sleep I've ever had in one of the biggest beds I've ever seen! A friend was in room 7 which was considerably smaller, but no worse appointed and the price difference at point of booking reflected the two rooms differences.
Chocolate theme works well throughout the hotel, breakfast was great, both cooked and continental options were plentiful.
The only downside I can note is that some items and areas need a tidy/update to finish the true boutique feel.

Room Tip: Spend a bit more if you want more space, but the smaller rooms are just as nice...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed for two nights over half term in May and it was great, can't fault anything! Definitely booking again! Ideal location, loads of chocolate and friendly staff. Although we were very nearly sick of chocolate by the time we left!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed at the Chocolate Boutique Hotel for our wedding weekend Bank Holiday weekend in August 2013. From the moment we stepped through the door we were treated like family. Myself and my (now) hubs along with my parents and maid of honour stayed from the Thursday whilst other family members joined over the next couple of days and nothing was too much trouble to Gerry (the owner) who was pretty much a one-man-band for the whole weekend.
The rooms were fantastic with chocolate coming out your ears! (a dream!!) We stayed in the Montezuma Suite which was so spacious and clean and convenient, being on the ground floor! The other rooms were spotless with towels changed daily and chocolate replenished too! The bar was fantastic with a range of drinks available as well as a range of chocolate cocktails on offer which my uncle thoroughly enjoyed! The bar was open on request but again Gerry was so obliging on the Saturday when the hotel was full of us wedding crew!
The location was fab, around the corner from the town centre and not far from the beach - everything within walking distance.
During breakfast Gerry was on hand to prepare it for us to our dietary requirements and it was delicious. He was also so helpful with information about the local area and even helped with a last minute florist issue!
The morning of the wedding was completely stress-free (for us) as we took over the bar of the hotel for the hair and make-up salon and like I said nothing was too much trouble. My only regret is not taking you up on the offer of the Tuk-Tuk to the wedding Gerry!!
We are looking at making an annual trip to Bournemouth to relive wedding memories and The Chocolate Boutique will be top of the list every time!
We can't recommend this hotel enough!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2013

There are many good points: location is great, bed comfy, staff lovely and breakfast good. But, the 1st room we were allocated was on the 3rd floor with 6 flights of stairs to get to it, when in the room the roof slope made it very clostrophobic. We moved to another room, with great help from the staff, and it was better. But the bathroom was tiny, I could brush my teeth in the sink in front of me whilst on the toilet. Only one side of the bed had a bedside table and lamp. The paint on the ceiling in the shower cubicle was peeling and the sliding shower door slid off the end. Of the rail. The lighting was OK but a little murky. The old ' it is a boutique hotel' doesn't mean that you can hide behind these errors. If you are into your chocolate you can eat your fill for free, good quality stuff as well! All in all good value for what we paid but still only rates an average for me.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sappers62
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My Birthday treat from my wife two days of chocolate heaven. Stay in a hotel where there is chocolate on tap 24/7 surely this must be a dream, no its the Chocolate Boutique hotel. Had the most amazing time at the hotel with a chocolate truffle making class with a hen party on the Saturday morning which was pretty crazy. Staff were lovely and could not fault the whole operation from start to finish. Must have put on a stone over the two days. The room was small and compacted but each day was filled with chocolate so who cares.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I love this hotel. We've been promising to go for a few years and so booked it this year for my birthday. The staff were lovely and very helpful when I phoned up. They helped me to choose what would be best for my party. We opted for the chocolate sleepover which is only £99 per person and you get so much for your money. The portrait painting was very funny and the wine/chocolate tasting was very interesting and informative. The chocolate cocktails were delicious and Gerry was a great host. We had the chocolate fountain in the bar instead of the room and it was very nice with lots of things to dip into it.
The rooms are small but very clean and had everything you need. I loved all the free chocolate you got in the room. The beds are THE MOST COMFORTABLE I have ever slept in at a hotel.
The atmosphere is relaxed and the staff very accommodating. Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends